• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 340 65.9%

• Total voters

Sound_freq

I've been experiencing a bug with the built in music player of the A6. It cuts off the first second or so of audio off songs that are directly selected to play from the music library, which is a problem for songs where the audio begins immediately. It seems it may be some type of buffer issue with the player. Anyone else noticed this on certain songs ?

markrubin

I've been experiencing a bug with the built in music player of the A6. It cuts off the first second or so of audio off songs that are directly selected to play from the music library, which is a problem for songs where the audio begins immediately. It seems it may be some type of buffer issue with the player. Anyone else noticed this on certain songs ?
this is common not just to the A6

Bernd

Forum Donor
will there be a windows / mac app implemented ?
Good question, but in fact what I'd be really looking for is an Android app. I had the chance to play with the Android app of the Eversolo DMP 6A, which is just plainly brilliant for that device. The E1DA DAC also has a wonderful Android app to controls the DSP EQ section of that device (among many other things). I really wish that RME would look into an an Android app to control their DACs.

Al So Rand

Just slide over the volume passthrough,

Keith
Thanks Keith ,
I guess I'll take your answer as a Yes...
Just to be clear, when I don't want the volume handled in any way by the A6 and when I use the USB 3.1 port to send it's digital output to a separate DAC & separate PreAmp ; I "just slide over the volume passthrough" to the ON direction or the OFF ?
Does anyone know what the output amperage is at the USB A 3.0 connections ? * EDIT : I found it at the bottom of the rear panel identification sheet in the owners manual.
Apparently it's 1.2 A. But I wonder if that's the total current split between both the USB 3.0 OTG and the 3.0 digital output? Or is it 1.2A each ?

@mirror88 The reason I ask is: I connected my USB Optical CD drive to the OTG 3.1 USB connection as instructed in the owners manual. The CD ROM drive was recognized by the A6 and ran for a few minutes of the first song then I heard the USB relay pop stopping the CD drive as well as disconnecting the USB 3.1 signal feed to the outboard DAC simultaneously. I removed the CD drive from the OTG connection, cycled the player off and on and everything is fine now...Although the CD Drive plays it engaged the USB OTG relay likely due to excessive current drawn from the USB Optical drive and remains an unresolved issue for me...

I read some literature on the Eversole site saying a USB splitter cable might be needed due to the possibility of excessive current draw from the USB CD drive, it was quite vague but I had an idea what they might have been trying to say..
* EDIT : I found the note at the bottom of the rear panel drawing in the owners manual .
I think they were eluding to the possibility of needing a Y cable that would carry the 5 volts and the1.2A current to the disc drive from a separate power supply source and the data supplied fed separately to the OTG connection. Perhaps Eversolo can direct us to this "splitter cable" so we know what to buy to hook up, and supply the needed power to safely allow us to use a USB Optial Disc Drive...

I own a fancy ifi Audio cable that has separate connections for the 5V power and Data cables at one end that meet at the DAC connection end with a single USB connector but I'm afraid to try it. Once bitten, twice shy ...

The ability to rip CD's directly to the internal M.2 SSD drive inside the A6 was one of the many important selling points for me...
Perhaps you can forward this post to one of the Eversolo tech reps if possible....Thank again and sorry for the novel written here !

Last edited:

jammer76

I'm still struggling to find out a solution to support trigger-out DMP-A6 to an input 2v for example Apollon NCx500.... any idea?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Thanks Keith ,
I guess I'll take your answer as a Yes...
Just to be clear, when I don't want the volume handled in any way by the A6 and when I use the USB 3.1 port to send it's digital output to a separate DAC & separate PreAmp ; I "just slide over the volume passthrough" to the ON direction or the OFF ?
Does anyone know what the output amperage is at the USB A 3.0 connections ? * EDIT : I found it at the bottom of the rear panel identification sheet in the owners manual.
Apparently it's 1.2 A. But I wonder if that's the total current split between both the USB 3.0 OTG and the 3.0 digital output? Or is it 1.2A each ?

The reason I ask is: I connected my USB Optical CD drive to the OTG 3.1 USB connection as instructed in the owners manual. The CD ROM drive was recognized by the A6 and ran for a few minutes of the first song then I heard the USB relay pop stopping the CD drive as well as disconnecting the USB 3.1 signal feed to the outboard DAC simultaneously. I removed the CD drive from the OTG connection, cycled the player off and on and everything is fine now...

I read some literature on the Eversole site saying a USB splitter cable might be needed due to the possibility of excessive current draw from the USB CD drive, it was quite vague but I had an idea what they might have been trying to say..
* EDIT : I found the note at the bottom of the rear panel drawing in the owners manual .
I think they were eluding to the possibility of needing a Y cable that would carry the 5 volts and the1.2A current to the disc drive from a separate power supply source and the data supplied fed separately to the OTG connection. Perhaps Eversolo can direct us to this "splitter cable" so we know what to buy to hook up, and supply the needed power to safely allow us to use a USB Optial Disc Drive...

I own a fancy ifi Audio cable that has separate connections for the 5V power and Data cables at one end that meet at the DAC connection end with a single USB connector but I'm afraid to try it. Once bitten, twice shy ...

The ability to rip CD's directly to the internal M.2 SSD drive inside the A6 was one of the many important selling points for me...
Perhaps you can forward this post to one of the Eversolo tech reps if possible....Thank again and sorry for the novel written here !
When you see the ‘yellow’ the volume is unattenuated, then you must use the external dac to attenuate.
Keith

Al So Rand

I suggest asking your question on the Zidoo/Eversolo forum.
I was going to do just that myself but the forum site came up as a non secure site on my anti-virus warning... I try to avoid non secure websites. I thought there was a few members here from the Eversolo company. Regards.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Just tag @mirror88 ’ Misue is extremely prompt with his replies.
Keith

jmillar

A hp amp and jack on the front panel would make it the defacto standard for hp listeners.

tapio

I ordered the DMP-A6 on June 7 from Amazon and with several changes in the delivery promises I finally received it on July 1st. I used a Wiim Pro before and this one is such a great sound upgrade.

I just wonder why the app does not allow for volume control as that should have been an easy feature to incorporate. Sure I can control the volume on the remote that I also got or on the AVR remote. Problem is when I am outside the reach of Bluetooth (in the pool) I have no volume control. Minor issue perhaps but even the Wiim allowed for that.

I also wonder if the HDMI output essentially is the same as the RCA/XLR outputs.

Ithaka

I ordered the DMP-A6 on June 7 from Amazon and with several changes in the delivery promises I finally received it on July 1st. I used a Wiim Pro before and this one is such a great sound upgrade.

I just wonder why the app does not allow for volume control as that should have been an easy feature to incorporate. Sure I can control the volume on the remote that I also got or on the AVR remote. Problem is when I am outside the reach of Bluetooth (in the pool) I have no volume control. Minor issue perhaps but even the Wiim allowed for that.

I also wonder if the HDMI output essentially is the same as the RCA/XLR outputs.
You should be able to control the volume in cast mode.

Werther44210

Hi,
I have a question about pairing the DMP A6 with a DAC that could improve the sound reproduction of the DMP's internal DAC, I've read positive comments about the SMSL SU-10 (1000 euros), there's Topping D90- SE (900 euros), equivalent devices balanced DAC 9038 pro, more expensive there is the Gustard R26 with DAC R2R which is quite popular, some people have bought this DAC to upgrade their internal DAC, I would like to have an opinion on this project , people may be using either of these DACs.

jammer76

Sound_freq

Thx a lot but I think that 5v from USB is less than what is required by 12v trigger. Anyway it's an easy check that could work it depends case by case
Did you read through the thread ? It seems to be working for many people. There some on the Eversolo FB Group using a similar custom adapter from Amazon . Now Audiophonics are making their own for this purpose all using 5V from USB - https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dc-p...-usb-a-to-mono-male-jack-35mm-1m-p-17941.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom