• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 340 65.9%

• Total voters

BobPM

Why are there no decent DACs with HDMI in. Is it just the cost for the license? I might be willing to pay more to have a state of the art DAC decode the sound from the HDMI stream.

p.s., Thanks for the screen shots of the OS shown above. A streamer is primarily about the software and I have never understood Amir's reason for ignoring this other than his decision that Roon should rule all.

Milanraf

Great review of what looks to be a great product!

Does anyone know if the volume still works on the digital outputs? The link to the user manual on the homepage seem to be broken.
Good would also be to have a fixed analog output and let the cascaded preamp do the work, if needed.
Is the maximum volume value (pot all clockwise) set at nominal consumer line level (-10 dBV on RCAs) and nominal profi level (+4dBu on XLRs) ?

CedarX

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Android, RK3568 CPU, internal SSD, IOS/Android App control... This looks very much like a "desktop Android DAP". Based on the measurements, it may not be a bad solution.

multisport4me

I ordered one and cannot wait for it to arrive. I'll be connecting my Roon Rock to it via USB and outputting HDMI Audio and XLR into my AV10 (for max flexibility). I have all the DSP I could ever want on the Roon as far as upsampling, PEQ, etc. To me the SINAD looks more than respectable - not sure why so many are so critical. They also claim they can output 24/192 from Apple Music (presumably running Apple Music app on Android) which will be nice to actually have vs. the AppleTV that cannot output hi-res nor could an Mac Mini M2 that I returned to Apple Store.

kopczas

Let`s for review of real-life usability and reliability.

JktHifi

There you go:

I know you did not ask for amplification, but hey trust me that's a quite useful feature too. ;-)
And the price is $3000

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Android, RK3568 CPU, internal SSD, IOS/Android App control... This looks very much like a "desktop Android DAP". Based on the measurements, it may not be a bad solution.
Interesting I would agree using that Rockchip CPU is not a bad approach - but IMO ultimately using Android with that CPU will be problematic. e.g. comparing that CPU with last years Samsung S22 CPU:

And obviously this is an unfair comparison but Android App developers usually build their apps to support the latest CPU's so while maybe the Qobuz Android app or whatever will work well now on this slow CPU it may not work in 6 months or a years time. This is why I would normally favour a dedicated music OS like Volumio (or Moode Audio). I believe the Rose OS (for Hifi Rose is also Android) but I believe that does not have 'playstore access' so each Rose OS 'app' is a custom Android app.

krabapple

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You are fast! I made the edit that it is output (it is not IIS).
? It still says input:

Note inclusion of HDMI input including support for proper clocking. Company's expertise in video products comes to play here. I do wish that was for input though as opposed to output.

JktHifi

Interesting I would agree using that Rockchip CPU is not a bad approach - but IMO ultimately using Android with that CPU will be problematic. e.g. comparing that CPU with last years Samsung S22 CPU:

And obviously this is an unfair comparison but Android App developers usually build their apps to support the latest CPU's so while maybe the Qobuz Android app or whatever will work well now on this slow CPU it may not work in 6 months or a years time. This is why I would normally favour a dedicated music OS like Volumio (or Moode Audio). I believe the Rose OS (for Hifi Rose is also Android) but I believe that does not have 'playstore access' so each Rose OS 'app' is a custom Android app.

VOLUMIO PREMIUM​

All free features plus:
Use Volumio Premium on up to 6 devices
Multiroom Sync Playback
Automatic Sync of Personal items
Remote connection to up to 6 devices
Native TIDAL and Qobuz integration
TIDAL Connect
CD Playback and Ripping
Bluetooth Audio Playback
Highresaudio.com Integration
Digital and Analog Inputs Playback
Music and Artists Credit Discovery
Play Here Function
Cast to Sonos and Chromecast
14 days free trial
6.49 € billed monthly (77.88 € per year)
59.99 € billed annually (4.99 € per month)

Gremlins

"Note also that you get Coax and Toslink output in addition to input"

With volume control?
So that i could use it at preamp for hypex fusion fa503 and therefore be full digiral until the end

PuX

pretty good connections layout and even using a decent font, could have fooled me. I had to check to see if the company is Chinese. (it is)

PeteL

Major Contributor

VOLUMIO PREMIUM​

All free features plus:
Use Volumio Premium on up to 6 devices
Multiroom Sync Playback
Automatic Sync of Personal items
Remote connection to up to 6 devices
Native TIDAL and Qobuz integration
TIDAL Connect
CD Playback and Ripping
Bluetooth Audio Playback
Highresaudio.com Integration
Digital and Analog Inputs Playback
Music and Artists Credit Discovery
Play Here Function
Cast to Sonos and Chromecast
14 days free trial
6.49 € billed monthly (77.88 € per year)
59.99 € billed annually (4.99 € per month)
ooooohhh... So You have to pay a monthly fee to get the full fledge Functionalities on a Raspberry Pi? Definitely kills this for me, what!!! you don't have Native Tidal and Qobuz or Tidal Connect on the free version? Never had to pay a cent for any of this on BLuOS and will never will.

Last edited:
Top Bottom