• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, but each platform has different features. For example, AU's can only be built on Mac. I can answer questions about any specifics.
Full disclosure, I'm a developer at MathWorks for the Audio Toolbox (and DSP).
Do they all have a EQ or PEQ?

dorirod

What a difference EQ makes on SHP 9500. I really liked these headphones for the comfort, but I was missing the bass. Bought the Neutrino Player just for the EQ feature (cheaper than buying Qudelix-5K which I'd pick if I were buying now instead of Fiio BTR3). Although not loving the interface overall, Neutrino makes it easy to switch between different equalizer profiles (have three for my headphones, and one for my speakers). Once I got it figured out it's not too cumbersome, only downside is that I have to use my phone and Neutrino to play through, which I was doing most of the time anyway.

Jim777

Forum Donor
Do they all have a EQ or PEQ?

Yes, multiband parametric EQ and graphic EQ among others. These can be exported as audio plugins.

mbpeq.png

tades

Hi,
What about Rephase ... which propose both filter linearisation + Paragraphic Phase and Paragraphic Gain EQ?
Optimal work with REW

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi,
What about Rephase ... which propose both filter linearisation + Paragraphic Phase and Paragraphic Gain EQ?
Optimal work with REW
Added to the Windows section. Thankssss :D

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

PH73

Chromecast ( sort of )
Run CastReceiver app on an Android tablet or phone and use in place of a real Chromecast. Now cast to that device as you would normally whilst also using one of the Android eq apps already mentioned. Connect a dac over USB and you have a low cost streamer with EQ.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Chromecast ( sort of )
Run CastReceiver app on an Android tablet or phone and use in place of a real Chromecast. Now cast to that device as you would normally whilst also using one of the Android eq apps already mentioned. Connect a dac over USB and you have a low cost streamer with EQ.
I'm not sure your EQ suggestion fits into the thread's version of integrating a EQ. I did include media players with PEQ/EQ into the thread although I think your's is outside the scope of this thread. There have been multiple suggestions regarding EQ/PEQ stuff and it makes one wonder if the EQ thread could be more comprehensive in it's scope. Between color coding links and wanting columned selectable indexing I'm still not sure we have enough to warrant that sophistication that also requires specialized people to operate the data entry. :D

PH73

I'm not sure your EQ suggestion fits into the thread's version of integrating a EQ.
Fair enough. I guess it is a bit off topic. Just wanted to share a way of enabling those Android EQ apps you listed with Chromecast. Maybe a bit of a niche use case but I had found it frustrating not to be able to do that.

Martini

Forum Donor
Mac actually has many types of DSP built-in to its OS: 31-band, parametric, peakings, shelfing, various types of reverb, you name it. These are all free. However, the user needs a hosting application to access these EQ interfaces, and hosting softwares on Mac typically are not free.

Right now I am using Audirvana and Audiohijack. Audirvana can do bit-perfect and exclusive access but can't do system level hosting. Audiohijack can host system level DSP, including those EQs. The only downside is that isn't "bit-perfect" if you care about that.

I recommend Audiohijack.

What do you mean by hosting? Right now I'm using Audirvana and starting to acquient myself REW, if I'm able to wrap my monkey brain around it, I'd like to implement corrections for my room & speaker. https://audirvana.com/vst-3-plugins-and-audio-units/ Much to learn.

Top Bottom