• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Contemplating Wharfedale Linton Heritage 85th Anniversary Edition

amarsicola

Forum Donor
... i am in the process of investing in something modest which can deliver class-D amplification and have EQ with proper room measurement if that will ever exist in a more affordable price point! cheers!
Hi hawk01, if you are in europe, for less than 500€ you can get from Audiophonics a stereo power amp based on Hypex NC252mp, stellar performance for the price, like the Lintons! Then add a Topping DAC and a Raspberry Pi with Volumio.
Provided you have a microphone (or get a UMIK for 100€), with Volumio's Fusion DSP plugin you can have parametric room equalization for free. Volumio's premium subscription can connect to Qobuz for hi-res streaming.
With this <2000€ configuration you are near to the very best of achievable performance. Also check https://pierreaubert.github.io/spinorama/eqs.html to equalize a minor issue with the Lintons and in theory you reach an Olive's score of 6.4, and you're near to the best Revels...

Last edited:

hawk01

Hi hawk01, if you are in europe, for less than 500€ you can get from Audiophonics a stereo power amp based on Hypex NC252mp, stellar performance for the price, like the Lintons! Then add a Topping DAC and a Raspberry Pi with Volumio.
Provided you have a microphone (or get a UMIK for 100€), with Volumio's Fusion DSP plugin you can have parametric room equalization for free. Volumio's premium subscription can connect to Qobuz for hi-res streaming.
With this <2000€ configuration you are near to the very best of achievable performance. Also check https://pierreaubert.github.io/spinorama/eqs.html to equalize a minor issue with the Lintons and in theory you reach an Olive's score of 6.4, and you're near to the best Revels...
much appreciated inputs sir! sadly we do not have those market sources here in southeast asia. importing can be a big pain and costly as well. fortunately my present setup using daphile PC is capable of accepting EQ in the form of Brute FIR. while all of this is overwhelming to me at best, the friend who taught me daphile PC will also walk me through setting up Brute FIR. this finally leads me to where i originally started, considering class-D amplification once again!

i hope the local audio market forces get their heads out of the sand and begin to realize there is much more to amplification than what tubes and transistors have to offer. while most of the world is already enjoying the cost and efficiency of class-D, here it is still barely making itself noticed.☹️

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
In China, it only costs $599 a pair. But few people bought it, people seem to have stereotypes about the brand

Last edited:
Top Bottom