• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Coming soon: MiniDSP Flex with HDMI input

Waiting for DAC real specs. No digital outputs limit the hability to use external DAC.

This may be a fantastic solution if you have a SACD player which outputs LPCM.

Any update regarding when the MiniDSP Flex HT will actually be available for sale? The website states the following: STOCK UPDATE(19/07/2023): This product is currently in final stages of firmware development to finalize HDMI test. We expect shipments to start in the coming Q3 2023. Thanks for your patience!

It is now the fourth quarter of 2023 with no sign of availability. Very confusing

Any update regarding when the MiniDSP Flex HT will actually be available for sale? The website states the following: STOCK UPDATE(19/07/2023): This product is currently in final stages of firmware development to finalize HDMI test. We expect shipments to start in the coming Q3 2023. Thanks for your patience!

It is now the fourth quarter of 2023 with no sign of availability. Very confusing
It’s already listed on audiophonics

Does anybody know if the MiniDSP Flex line has automatic switching of inputs? I want to use the MiniDSP Flex HT as a hub for my TV and Bluesound Node for streaming. I want Dirac Live while being able to control volume with the TV remote, do not want to switch between HDMI and SPDIF on the MiniDSP every time.

Also, does anybody know if it is possible to mix multiple inputs and still be able to use Dirac? For instance, playing games on the TV connected through HDMI, with music from streamer playing simultaneously. This is probably doable through combining analog outputs into power amp, but would be cool to do it in digital like it is done on Windows/Mac/Linux. Have not seen this done in consumer gear, only in pro audio.

Still not sure whether this makes sense. I wish they did a bit more testing for the manual. I'd love to leave my Canton Smart Connect behind and pair the Flex HT with some WiSa surrounds, but the only ones small enough are the Platin Audio (which seem like a bargain all things considered, but still not great), and I just feel like I'd miss out on stuff with the Shield/Apple TV/Plex handling the bitstream. I recently discovered the Shield also does DRC nicely, but I still wish it was adjustable and not sure if it would work with LPCM output.

Page now updated, seems like FW is finalized:

"STOCK UPDATE(26/10/2023): Firmware is now finalized, final testing is ongoing, User Manual is now live. We expect shipments to start in the coming weeks. Thanks for your patience!"
I had a look at the user manual.
I looks extremely promising :)
The only unknown yet is the price of the Dirac multichannel licence!

I had a look at the user manual.
I looks extremely promising :)
The only unknown yet is the price of the Dirac multichannel licence!

Possibly around $400 USD if we consider the difference between the ff.:

My personal disappointment is the lack of ability to manually load FIRs. I really don't care so much if the max taps is low in the unit. But my speakers do not match phases and I do not want Dirac to do the equalization for me.

Still not sure whether this makes sense. I wish they did a bit more testing for the manual. I'd love to leave my Canton Smart Connect behind and pair the Flex HT with some WiSa surrounds, but the only ones small enough are the Platin Audio (which seem like a bargain all things considered, but still not great), and I just feel like I'd miss out on stuff with the Shield/Apple TV/Plex handling the bitstream. I recently discovered the Shield also does DRC nicely, but I still wish it was adjustable and not sure if it would work with LPCM output.
I´m also looking for something like "Wisa-Receivers", to use existing active loudspeakers. It´s a pitty, that there is nothing on the market. Besides, the missing decoding options of this device are still a dealbreaker for me :(

There's also the System Audio Surround Hub X which does decoding, but there's not a single physical output ‍♂️

They also added the option of not having the WiSa chip. Can't see the price reduction yet tho

They also added the option of not having the WiSa chip. Can't see the price reduction yet tho

I think it's the other way round:

There's an option for adding a WISA streaming card, but there are neither price nor a date of availabilty yet:

Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-11 um 14.04.19.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-11 um 14.04.53.png

I think it's the other way round:

There's an option for adding a WISA streaming card, but there are neither price nor a date of availabilty yet:
That's what the option says, but since the product always had WiSa, they added the omission (or rather, made the option without WiSa into the baseline)

That's what the option says, but since the product always had WiSa, they added the omission (or rather, made the option without WiSa into the baseline)
Unfortunately, the manual lists it as an upgrade. I expect it will be an additional charge, above the $750 already shown on audiophonics (Edit-thanks for the updated info, @vicenzo_del_paris)

I’m glad to see Dirac 8ch is only $250, though!

IMG_3229.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello,

Now pre-orders are opened :)
600$ (without Dirac 8ch license).
That's only 100$ more than flex unbalanced.

I was going to order a Flex HT but I think I'll have the HTx instead. Great with the balanced outputs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom