• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I see $950 for the new purifi preorder. What was the sale price? Are they going to be offered at they going to be offered at the sale price again at some point?
Sale price was $895 for the first week, then $925 for the remainder.

Possibly but it wouldn’t be for a while

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
While not the same as a measurements review, our 3ch amplifier was just featured in a review on one of the major A/V sites (don't want to link if not allowed).

With every success, always want to say thank you to this community!

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
A custom finish from a recent customer: Fire Red Base, Glossy Black Cover

Attachments

• IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0383.jpg
    IMG_0383.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 209

JStewart

Forum Donor
I’m good, thanks. Just trying to help out by pointing out.

As soon as I can justify replacing perfectly fine amplification, I’ll be your way first.

celt

I've had some time to run in the new Purifi 1ET7040SA V2 monoblocks from Buckeye.

More power than I suspect I'll require, and wonderful indeed - at twice the price. Nothing technical to add, but Dylan is a joy to deal with, answered all my questions and I could recommend him to anyone looking for something similar.

celt

One more note: the cases on these monoblocks is perfect in my opinion, and BETTER than I had expected. Very solid, simple and adequately ventilated.

The four heavy duty screws on the east and west sides, that hold the top on, mount into deep robust threading that appear to be integrated into the side/bottom panel. Meaning, you have more threads than just the thickness of the sheet steel, you have a full 3-4mm of threads. I also pinched for the SpeakON connectors, stunningly good!

Very robust enclosure...

RDSChicago

i Just scored a Buckeye Purifi 1ET400A stereo amp in a white case on eBay. It looks brand new. I read in earlier posts that there were some issues identified by Amir in the measurements in his initial review of the 3-channel Purifi amp and that those issues were rectified. How can I make sure the amp I just purchased is the latest, corrected version? Thanks.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
i Just scored a Buckeye Purifi 1ET400A stereo amp in a white case on eBay. It looks brand new. I read in earlier posts that there were some issues identified by Amir in the measurements in his initial review of the 3-channel Purifi amp and that those issues were rectified. How can I make sure the amp I just purchased is the latest, corrected version? Thanks.
Ask @Buckeye Amps if he knows of anything. :D

droid2000

I believe the problem is inaudible. But if you want to be sure the "problem" has been resolved, verify the amp has been upgraded as follows:

Attachments

• Binding Post Fix Guide.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 93

RDSChicago

But if you want to be sure the "problem" has been resolved, verify the amp has been upgraded as follows:
Thanks. Here is a photo of the internals of the amp I purchased. Can anyone tell if the upgrade has been performed?
IMG_1265.jpeg

AirCooled32

Not sure where to post this.

I have my eyes set on a B&W 803D2. I currently have a Buckeye 3-channel Purifi 1ET400A amp. Would this be enough to run them?

These are the speakers

RECOMMENDED AMPLIFIER POWER:​

50 – 500 Watts RMS into 8 Ohms

The Purifi I have is

225w @ 8ohm per channel

The numbers add up. But I know some people are running incredibly fancy amps to these speakers, but I was curious if the Buckeye will fit the bill?

Thank you.

kevinsullivan

I have my eyes set on a B&W 803D2. I currently have a Buckeye 3-channel Purifi 1ET400A amp. Would this be enough to run them?

These are the speakers

The Purifi I have is

225w @ 8ohm per channel

The numbers add up. But I know some people are running incredibly fancy amps to these speakers, but I was curious if the Buckeye will fit the bill?

Thank you.
Have you considered the Hypex instead? 700/500/380w at 2/4/8ohm? I'm going to guess, and others can tell me if I'm wrong, that up to the 225W capacity of the Purifi, you'd likely hear no difference between the two. https://www.buckeyeamp.com/shop/p/hypex-ncx500-amplifier-3-channel.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have you considered the Hypex instead? 700/500/380w at 2/4/8ohm? I'm going to guess, and others can tell me if I'm wrong, that up to the 225W capacity of the Purifi, you'd likely hear no difference between the two. https://www.buckeyeamp.com/shop/p/hypex-ncx500-amplifier-3-channel.
Also, if the impedance curve is available for those speakers it would help answer the question if a more powerful amp would make a difference. I suspect not since the purifi do so well at both current and voltage handling.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ask @Buckeye Amps if he knows of anything. :D

I’ll second asking @Buckeye Amps or the previous owner. I work on a lot of his amps and I cannot be sure visually. The newer spades are marginally wider if supplied by Buckeye. If the owner updated, then the only way to test is with a magnet. The newer parts are NOT magnetic.:cool:

Godataloss

These are the speakers

The Purifi I have is

225w @ 8ohm per channel

Thank you.
I would go with one of the higher power offerings especially if those speakers are in a big room or you are running any kind of DSP.

Top Bottom