• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does this amp have SpeakOns?

Destroid

Looking to take advantage of your spring sale and now I need patch cables from my Denon AVR.

I'm a fan and user of bluejeanscable.com too and I think you recommended their RCA->XLR adapter cables but they don't have specific orderable cables on their site.

Do you have a spec that I can use when ordering from them?
Canare RCA, 1800F, Neutrik XLR and what pin out?
(or even better, maybe stock some prebuilt on your site in common lengths)

Thanks

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have his amps and the RZ50 so use the Monoprice cables which he also recommended until they somehow messed up a batch with wiring issues. Don't know if they have this corrected but they are nicely built and so far been fine.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Looking to take advantage of your spring sale and now I need patch cables from my Denon AVR.

I'm a fan and user of bluejeanscable.com too and I think you recommended their RCA->XLR adapter cables but they don't have specific orderable cables on their site.

Do you have a spec that I can use when ordering from them?
Canare RCA, 1800F, Neutrik XLR and what pin out?
(or even better, maybe stock some prebuilt on your site in common lengths)

Thanks
Email Blue Jeans and ask for RCA to XLR cables and give them the attached image for how to wire it

Attachments

• RCA to XLR Diagram.png
    RCA to XLR Diagram.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 778

squared80

I have the 3 channel Purifi to power my Klipsch RF-7 III LCR's. The amp gain settings are shipped in 'Low'. I'm just wondering what the benefit/consequence is of each gain setting. My mentality is to set it on 'High'... is there a reason for me to use Low or Medium?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have the 3 channel Purifi to power my Klipsch RF-7 III LCR's. The amp gain settings are shipped in 'Low'. I'm just wondering what the benefit/consequence is of each gain setting. My mentality is to set it on 'High'... is there a reason for me to use Low or Medium?
noise floor rises with higher gains, but it is so low on the Purifi module it's inconsequential.

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was sorry to see the new Buckeye 30 day return policy now charges a 10% fee when the customer is dissatisfied (but unit is not defective). I may wait for ASR reviews before future purchases to avoid measurement surprises. Sounds like returns became an issue.

Return Policy​

All amplifiers come with a 30 day return policy.
Returns due to non-defective reasons will incur a 10% restocking fee.

Given their pricing, this seems more than reasonable. It costs a manufacture/seller time and money to handle returns and the product if opened, cannot be sold as new and is then sold at a lower price. The manufacture/seller can either raise prices a little on everything, or charge a restocking fee. Charging a restocking fee also keeps the renters away (i.e. people who literally buy and return stuff within the return window as their standard practice).

Hipster Doofus

Forum Donor
wow i look this morning and the puri prices were lower or am i going crazy i thought i saw the 2 channel for 1025 and the 3 chan for 1350...did i snooze too long

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
wow i look this morning and the puri prices were lower or am i going crazy i thought i saw the 2 channel for 1025 and the 3 chan for 1350...did i snooze too long
The sale was set to end today unfortunately, but official MSRP is also lower then before presale

Top Bottom