• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

"Bamboo Project" : Dual Mono 3E Audio 480-1-29A Amplifier

brunes

Jst 3 iore connector

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240412_122937_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240412_122937_Gallery.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
That is why I would appreciate a close photo to see exactly what is shown at the white plastic component on the board, assuming that is the contact point for the 3 pins of the XLR socket ? Thanks.

Here goes :

1712934059077.png

Overseas

Major Contributor
My stuff is on the way from Audiophonics :)

As I am an impulsive audio enthusiast ( hahaha), also completely non technical (otherwise I would not be an enthusiast...), can someone clarify for me what am I going to get from my project (in terms of power specs) that is mainly:

3E AUDIO 480-1-29A PFFB Mono amplifier Module

plus

MP-H250S48 SMPS Switching Mode Power Supply Module 250W 48V 5A PFC

That's because I had a look at Amir review but I am still confused, there were mixed things there plus I am not good at graphs.

So what Power/Mono Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms) at what distorsion, considering the specific power source listed above ?
My speakers are rated for as low as 3.3 ohm at minimum (Triagle Australe Esprit EZ).

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:

Overseas

Major Contributor
Just want to show the module comes with a small kit, including the connection for the output socket.
IMG_20240416_170733.jpg

Kevinfc

Get a combo XLR / TRS plug and that s it )
I will share you the wiring diagram )

My concern is drilling the hole to accept such a fitting.

I’d certainly prefer this to a simple TRS jack, but it appears that three holes per jack must be drilled in a very tight area. Is this the case? If so, how did you accomplish it, any tips?
thanks

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
My concern is drilling the hole to accept such a fitting.

I’d certainly prefer this to a simple TRS jack, but it appears that three holes per jack must be drilled in a very tight area. Is this the case? If so, how did you accomplish it, any tips?
thanks

Drilling is not difficult with the right tools )
I am driiling all my cases with this.(22mm)
Use a drill at moderate speed !

If you want to project the positioning of your XLR plug use a 20 euro cent coin (they are 22mm like the XLR plugs)

Last edited:

Overseas

Major Contributor
I am going forward with my project: 2 monos with separate power sources, no cases.

Just discussed it with the 'project master' (aka my cousin that will do the soldering), so we are good.
Deadline not clear anyway.

Questions:
1. using exactly same modules, power included - as here - no air cooling required, right ?
2. as I checked, no soldering to the module itself is required, all pieces (speakers out etc) will fit with special connector of various types ( I do not know tehcnical English)
3. module is configured for mono use (PBTL ?), so in such scenario no modification of the board is required
4. what cable should I use for connecting the speakers sockets, I am going with same cable I use for speakers that is:
(I even intend to use it Y split, so no distinct red/ black wires.... no impact on soound, hahahaaa).

Thanks

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
I am going forward with my project: 2 monos with separate power sources, no cases.

Just discussed it with the 'project master' (aka my cousin that will do the soldering), so we are good.
Deadline not clear anyway.

Questions:
1. using exactly same modules, power included - as here - no air cooling required, right ?
2. as I checked, no soldering to the module itself is required, all pieces (speakers out etc) will fit with special connector of various types ( I do not know tehcnical English)
3. module is configured for mono use (PBTL ?), so in such scenario no modification of the board is required
4. what cable should I use for connecting the speakers sockets, I am going with same cable I use for speakers that is:
(I even intend to use it Y split, so no distinct red/ black wires.... no impact on soound, hahahaaa).

Thanks

1) you dont need air cooling. You probably wont use it @1 % THD
2) The module is using 6.3mm faston sockets for all input/output
3) Mono version is set in PBTL mode
4) Any 1.5 or 2mm2 good quality cables for speakers. Keep it as short as possible and twist it )

Top Bottom