• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: Hypex NCx500 Official Thread

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
For those who can no longer/do not want to wait any longer, refund is available for their down payment (or if they paid in full) for the 3ch NCx500. It has undoubtedly taken longer than expected but it is not vaporware.

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
For those who can no longer/do not want to wait any longer, refund is available for their down payment (or if they paid in full) for the 3ch NCx500. It has undoubtedly taken longer than expected but it is not vaporware.

Looking forward to it....

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Just listed a discounted 2ch Hypex NCx500 amp on the website. It is brand new and has a custom ANSI Gray 70 Powder Coat.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Some updates on case options:

Due to a change in the policy (or rather, enforcing of the policy) from my case manufacturer, it is no longer economically feasible to offer custom finishes or speakON upgrades at this time. I will be looking at alternatives and/or how to at least bring back certain finishes or options in the future, but for the time being I cannot offer custom finishes or speakONs for regular cases.

speakONs are still available as an add-on to the Rackmount case upgrade, however. Which was the most popular choice for using speakONs anyways over the last two years.

Thanks everyone!

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Here is the first 3ch NCx500 build. The SMPS is very beefy.

I have one last round of testing (sending off to Rick for an ‘independent’ testers stress testing as well as mine). But the full production run of the SMPS will begin shortly (some major components are already ordered to help save time).

Attachments

• IMG_0736.jpeg
    IMG_0736.jpeg
    405.8 KB · Views: 850

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

I have one last round of testing (sending off to Rick for an ‘independent’ testers stress testing as well as mine). But the full production run of the SMPS will begin shortly (some major components are already ordered to help save time).
I'm reallly liking how they assembled that power supply with the high current devices mounted to the heatsink plate.
index.php

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
You thinking available by X-mas? Early '24? Help a man out, here D! ;) I gotta budget for this, after all. :D

Cheers!
I am very hopeful available before Christmas. The production run normally takes 8wks but as I said, we are doing a few things to speed that up.

Definitely missed the early eta of Q3 I had hoped for. But in the end it is better everything is tested and working perfectly, of course.

David C. Navas

Looks magnificent! I didn't know the extent to which a switched mode PS needed power factor correction -- but apparently it can, and in spades. Learn something new everyday. Speaking of power efficiency, will this SMPS idle low, or is that a future change for all of the various models (and essentially independent of the PS)?
Good luck on the builds!

David C. Navas

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
We are making a few final modifications to the official SMPS' for production. Mainly the addition of a robust heatsink and thickening of the baseplate.
But testing shows the SMPS is doing what we want: fully driving all three channels to spec.

GiFi

Hi Dylan, I wanted to know if these power supplies will equip the two-channel amplifiers and the new integrated amplifier. Thanks

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hi Dylan, I wanted to know if these power supplies will equip the two-channel amplifiers and the new integrated amplifier. Thanks
This exact power supply, no. At this time only the 3ch NCx500 and the Mono Purifi 1ET7040SA v2 are going to be using Micro Audio SMPS'

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
We have been testing a variant of Micro Audios current SMPS 1k, but one that would support multichannel. It could likely become either a replacement for all Hypex SMPS' we use or at least an available upgrade.

But that won't be something to come to fruition until at least the new year. The 3ch NCx500 is our first priority. Then the Integrated amp. After those are out in the wild, we will revisit.

Top Bottom