• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: Hypex NCx500 Official Thread

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
You can run a subwoofer with the ADI-2 DAC FS. The RCA output is 6db lower in level than the XLR. Both outputs work at the same time. You'll want to Level Match Subs and Mains. Use the crossover in the sub hardware as the RCA and XLR both use the same EQ.

Exactly!

MAB

Major Contributor
Any thoughts on DAC/Preamp from the crowd?
I keep looking at the RME Dac 2 FS and the MinidspSHD.
I will be running on an 2.1 system with the NCx500, but my sub had an inuke with DSP built-in to in either case integration wont be too bad.
Get a streamer with MiniSHD, but get the nice volume control with the RME.
Other thoughts on either of these?
Other ideas that are more cost effective but wont loose performance?
I have both RME and the MiniDSP SHD.
I use the MiniDSP SHD for mains and subs plus room correction. It is an outstanding unit, and has great A/D that allows me to hook up my legacy analog sources. Even if I had subs with a built-in crossover, I would use the MiniDSP's crossovers. The volume control is great, comparing the RME to the MiniDSP is not useful to me since they are both great, both outperform analog volume in all the areas that matter.
I use the RME ADI DAC for headphone EQ. It is also an outstanding unit even if it has less flexible PEQ than the SHD. For me it's more useful for headphone PEQ, less useful for room correction. It is the best desktop DAC I know of.

If you don't need the streaming, the MiniDSP flex are great. I use a Flex Eight for three- and four-way active speakers. A nice pile of Buckeye amps would work well with this...

Either one of these will rock triumphantly with NCX500 amps, no doubt.

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have the MiniDSP Balanced Flex and the RME ADI-2 DAC FS. They both work but the FLEX is limited with high resolution music compared to the RME ADI-2. Many of my high res music files won't play on the FLEX but they play fine on the RME. Forget about anything over 96khz with the FLEX and if you use Dirac it cuts the supported resolution in half.

Descartes

Major Contributor
Hello Dylan, I was watching your interview on YouTube and you mentioned that you will be releasing new products with a better case enclosure.
Will that include also amplifiers?

Last edited:
OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hello Dylon, I was watching your interview on YouTube and you mentioned that you will be releasing new products with a better case enclosure.
Not at this time, no.

Wisehybred

Hello Dylon, I was watching your interview on YouTube and you mentioned that you will be releasing new products with a better case enclosure.
I watched the same thing and was on the fence because I would love a monoblock 1ET7040SA in a little nicer case. Should I wait, lol.

chingaling

You shouldn’t let appearance be you deciding factor for buying this amp. I’m telling you right now it is unbelievably good. I have had it powered on for over three days playing non stop I have no desire to go back to listening to my McIntosh 452. I actually have someone coming over tomorrow to purchase the Mac from me. I was putting off the sale until I had some play time with the NCx500. It literally sounds as good and better than an amp ten times it’s cost. @Buckeye Amps

Last edited:

MusicMan77

Just got them installed and we're off to the races. Will circle back after I've had some time with them.

PXL_20230610_235152457.MP.jpg
PXL_20230610_233905392.jpg

MusicMan77

MusicMan77

Top Bottom