• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best DAC to use with Topping L30

OP
C

CarlToft

raif71, you must listen at a pretty high level. The E30/L30 combo with a Sennheiser 650 is loud enough to blow the phones off my head and halfway across the room. I'm not sure why you stop at 3 o'clock or don't use high gain, but that's what they're there for...

PS - I would suggest that the mastering level of the Kleiber is the issue, not the amplifier, for those phones.
My L30 that i use with my Hifiman Sundara is plenty loud for me too.

raif71

Major Contributor
raif71, you must listen at a pretty high level. The E30/L30 combo with a Sennheiser 650 is loud enough to blow the phones off my head and halfway across the room. I'm not sure why you stop at 3 o'clock or don't use high gain, but that's what they're there for...

PS - I would suggest that the mastering level of the Kleiber is the issue, not the amplifier, for those phones.
I mentioned that I prefer lower volume dial level (preferably at 1 or even 2 o'clock max) and from what I heard ok level at 3pm and I could go to max which I don't like. At high gain, I feel that I might stress the amp which also I don't also prefer.

raif71

Major Contributor
My L30 that i use with my Hifiman Sundara is plenty loud for me too.
It depends on the type of music files that are playing...as I mentioned my reference is the sacd classical in the post and I did mentioned that for pop music, the levels are ok. The Fiio K5 Pro dac/amp does not suffer like the L30/E30 combo with the same sacd classical files and headphones.

Robin L

Master Contributor
Thanks, I know that the E30 and l30 are made to be matched. But there are a lot better-measured DACs, unfortunately, most of them are balanced. So I want to buy the best thing possible for the price, I know that you properly cant hear any difference but I still would love to know that I got the best thing.
You can't hear the very slight performance difference between the E30 and anything else as its noise and distortion combined measures within 2db of absolutely, 100% inaudible distortion. Anything more than an E30 would be overkill.

OP
C

CarlToft

You can't hear the very slight performance difference between the E30 and anything else as its noise and distortion combined measures within 2db of absolutely, 100% inaudible distortion. Anything more than an E30 would be overkill.
Thanks. I consider buying the d10's because of the lower price and is also slightly better than the e30

Last edited:
Top Bottom