• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Amp + Topping L30 II, or something else?

Iridist

About a month into my research on all of this, there are so many options I barely know where to begin. Decided on getting the KEF Q150s + RSL Speedwoofer 10s MKII (maybe a second one down the line) for a Desktop setup in a smallish sized bedroom, as well as something along the lines of a Meze 109 Pro or Ananda Nano's for headphones. In terms of amps and a dac, I think my best option is the WiiM Amp (DAC + AMP) and a Topping L30 II (Headphone AMP). But there's a lot of options so I'm looking for a second opinion. Other options I've considered are:

- WiiM Pro Plus + Fosi V3 (or SMSL SA300, Fosi ZA3, Aiyima A07 Max, etc) + Topping L30 II
- Topping E30 II & L30 II + Fosi V3
- JDS Atom 2 Stack + Fosi V3
- FiiO K7 or Topping DX3 Pro Plus + Fosi V3
- SMSL AO300 (All 3 Units)
- WiiM Amp + Topping E30 II / L30 Stack OR JDS Atom 2 Stack (Don't think this one is a good idea, but the idea is the WiiM Amp is for the speakers and the Stack is for the headphones)

Hard to come to a consensus on which option would be best. Also I feel it's worth mentioning I have a Motu M4 interface if that matters for this. Might also be worth mentioning I'll be using Tidal. Thank you all.

Last edited:
OP
Iridist

Iridist

Doing more research it seems as the WiiM Amp can't be used with a Headphone Amp, whoopsie.

If that's the case, would I be better off getting something like a WiiM Pro Plus + Fosi V3 + Topping L30 II? Or maybe even a WiiM Mini + Topping E30/L30 Stack + Fosi V3? So many options!

Also, probably a dumb question, but would the WiiM Amp + Topping E30/L30 Stack work? Or is that not possible (or at least not optimally)?

Roland68

Major Contributor
About a month into my research on all of this, there are so many options I barely know where to begin. Decided on getting the KEF Q150s + RSL Speedwoofer 10s MKII (maybe a second one down the line) for a Desktop setup in a smallish sized bedroom, as well as something along the lines of a Meze 109 Pro or Ananda Nano's for headphones. In terms of amps and a dac, I think my best option is the WiiM Amp (DAC + AMP) and a Topping L30 II (Headphone AMP). But there's a lot of options so I'm looking for a second opinion. Other options I've considered are:

- WiiM Pro Plus + Fosi V3 (or SMSL SA300, Fosi ZA3, Aiyima A07 Max, etc) + Topping L30 II
- Topping E30 II & L30 II + Fosi V3
- JDS Atom 2 Stack + Fosi V3
- FiiO K7 or Topping DX3 Pro Plus + Fosi V3
- SMSL AO300 (All 3 Units)
- WiiM Amp + Topping E30 II / L30 Stack OR JDS Atom 2 Stack (Don't think this one is a good idea, but the idea is the WiiM Amp is for the speakers and the Stack is for the headphones)

Hard to come to a consensus on which option would be best. Also I feel it's worth mentioning I have a Motu M4 interface if that matters for this. Might also be worth mentioning I'll be using Tidal. Thank you all.
You have options with and without WIIM Pro Plus/AMP.
If you don't use the functionality of the WiiM, then the additional expenditure is money wasted. In both cases that's around €250.
This is the first point you should clarify.

Top Bottom