• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dedicated DAC & Preamp for Adam T7V's? Or stick to Motu M4?

desti

Hello, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm looking for a DAC and Preamp (presumably a headphone amp with a preamp) that would pair well with Adam T7Vs & T10S Sub at a desktop setup. Currently, I have a Motu M4 which acts as a DAC, Preamp, and Headphone AMP, but it's mainly for mic usage and I wasn't sure if I would be bringing out what the T7Vs have to offer that way. I'm also thinking of getting a pair of headphones, something like the Arya Stealth's, so looking for a headphone amp for that too.

My original thought was to buy a Topping E30/L30 stack, but I was informed that this would be a downgrade to the current Motu M4 as they do not have a balanced signal nor have a preamp for the T7Vs like the Motu M4 does. So now I'm looking at something like the Topping A90D, A70 Pro, Singxer SA-1, or Schiit Jotenheim for a headphone amp, as I was told they have a preamp for a balanced signal. And for a DAC, the Topping E50 or Schiit Modius (or does it not matter too much and I could just settle for a Topping E30 II or Atom Dac 2?)

My main question is if any of this is necessary, or if I'm overspending here for something that doesn't matter too much, and if it's better to just use the Motu M4 as an AIO for the headphones and monitors and save the money.

Last edited:
OP
desti

desti

Edited the post to clarify my questions a bit better

Top Bottom