• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are ASR Polls a complete waste of time?

Do you think ASR Polls are a complete waste of time?

• No, they are useful (not sure what for) and I wish there were more. Bring on more Polls.

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • Usually I don't even respond, I just look at the results and maybe vote the other way on purpose.

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • An utter waste of time. Ban all Polls and ban the person who posts a poll.

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • I deliberately give false information in polls, especially ones with dollar amounts.

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • There's never an option that suits me, so I complain in the comments and don't vote.

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • What actual useful information comes from a Poll?

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 25 35.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
It depends.

And once again, the poll doesn't include my choice.

JSmith

Master Contributor
a poll on polls
1618895138819.png

;)

JSmith

Loathecliff

I can only choose max. 3 options at a time and feel limited in my choices now. :)
Imposing such limits is was a human rights violation :mad: ..... & I've just violated an emoji with an attempted strike through

Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Increased to 7 choices. ;)

I went ahead and choose the options that weren't ticked yet (aside from the 'none of the above') Those were 2 options at the time so was fine.
Fortunately I can keep changing my choices over time ?

WoodyLuvr

Have you thought about simply ignoring "polls" when you come across them as they seem to trigger you?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I ignore most anything trivial with which I disagree, although sometimes I will briefly state my disagreement.

Past that point, you're on your own.

It's all just "text on a screen" any more.

OP
restorer-john

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Have you thought about simply ignoring "polls" when you come across them...?

No. Ignore doesn't work for polls AFAIK.

A poll is the OP's way of getting active engagement from the membership, especially when the place seems a bit quiet. It seemed a bit dead around here, so I figured what better way to get things fired up than a poll? ;)

Thanks for participating- your vote/s are important.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I always frustrate the pollster by wanting to look at the question in a more nuanced way. Maybe it’s 47 years of living in a country with a first past the post voting system that has left me with a Pavlovian reticence about either or questions.

Hiten

This poll is important but others not so if I say polls are important I would be lying, but If I say polls are not important I would be lying about this poll. cant decide, what to do ???

just kidding :)
stay safe everyone.

Katji

Major Contributor
I always frustrate the pollster by wanting to look at the question in a more nuanced way. Maybe it’s 47 years of living in a country with a first past the post voting system that has left me with a Pavlovian reticence about either or questions.
Count your blessings.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It depends.

And once again, the poll doesn't include my choice.

Ray Vs The Polls. Its intentional they have it in for you.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, they serve a very limited purpose even if done well. My shoddy attempt yesterday was to see if we could support/ rebut an assertion made yesterday along the lines of "I am sure most people hear prefer HD to redbook". That didnt accord with what I had gleaned from my time here, but wanted to get a steer that my hunch was right. Thus far, it does. The vast majority of the responders say they cant discern a positive benefit from HD vs lower formats.

Just seemed like an easy one to get a view on, so why not?

Katji

Major Contributor
What actual useful information comes from a Poll? Votes: 6 25.0%
Poll starters should be required to properly explain the intended purpose.

Most are surveys, not polls. This one is a survey. Perhaps caused by forum software naming.

Top Bottom