• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

trungdtmc

New A04 update, dual supply for opamp. Just few hours listen but SQ very good
0A882EFD-9AB6-4C6C-9B51-0125D5AA4574.jpeg

ampguy

Curious if anyone has rigged up 2 of these in bridged mono mode, using some kind of tricky RCA Y cabling as described on some blogs and youtube videos. Do you actually feel you are getting 300WPC, or even 200 ?

Zek

Major Contributor
Curious if anyone has rigged up 2 of these in bridged mono mode, using some kind of tricky RCA Y cabling as described on some blogs and youtube videos.
How is it possible to make bridged mono mode on the A07 with an RCA Y cable?

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Look at the TI datasheet. The A07 uses the BTL (Bridge Tied Load) configuration. The Y cable gives something like the PBTL configuration - no extra voltage swing, but can deliver more current into low impedance loads.

ampguy

Look at the TI datasheet. The A07 uses the BTL (Bridge Tied Load) configuration. The Y cable gives something like the PBTL configuration - no extra voltage swing, but can deliver more current into low impedance loads.
Yes, the chip specs are 600W mono PBTL in 2 ohms ;) Even Aiyima used to tout the high mono bridged capabilities, but perhaps it was too much hassle to document. Perhaps these little amps are NAD M23 killers ;)

trungdtmc

I have done the conversion from BTL to PBTL mono for some of my Chinese friend's individual circuits, but not on A07 yet.

AltoVariago

I am using two of these amps to drive four Bose outdoor speakers 151SE in a pool. l am using an apple airport as an airplay source. The sound is GREAT. Highly recommended.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
One of these makers really needs to do a little but powerful monoblock amp paired with a similar style preamp with 2 - 3 line in and BT. Digital volume control on the preamp and with a remote. A little competition for Schiit.

saberger0357

Coughed up the $60 and ordered the 07 to go along with my A04, Fosi V3 & TB10D, and SMSL A300 (x2). This place has turned former vintage McIntosh gear addict into a cheap, small box Class D junkie:facepalm:

While the 04 provides good juice to the 8 ohm speakers I've used it with, and sounds very good doing it, I thought I'd experiment with slightly more power given the 07's ability to use 48V. Didn't get the "Pro" cause I didn't want the tone controls.

Coughed up the $60 and ordered the 07 to go along with my A04, Fosi V3 & TB10D, and SMSL A300 (x2). This place has turned former vintage McIntosh gear addict into a cheap, small box Class D junkie:facepalm:

While the 04 provides good juice to the 8 ohm speakers I've used it with, and sounds very good doing it, I thought I'd experiment with slightly more power given the 07's ability to use 48V. Didn't get the "Pro" cause I didn't want the tone controls.
Have you considered the Fosi V3? Its got better measured performance for not a lot more.. and the best part is it wont over heat after 20 minutes like the A07 is notorious for doing at higher volume levels.

I have both and the Fosi has driven at full out put for hours compared to only 20 minutes before shut down on the A07.

saberger0357

Have you considered the Fosi V3? Its got better measured performance for not a lot more.. and the best part is it wont over heat after 20 minutes like the A07 is notorious for doing at higher volume levels.

I have both and the Fosi has driven at full out put for hours compared to only 20 minutes before shut down on the A07.
See my original comment. I have it, and like it very much. Wanted to try something new, and I like the 04's sound.

I don't tend to overdrive my amps, and if it does overheat, so be it. It was only $60.

Oh, sorry, I guess I scrolled the top part of the comment out of view or the window was minimized... a derper moment for sure. Have you tried modifying any of them? I saw someone used a better thermal paste on the A07 when bridging 2 for monos, they also cut the top of the box out to vent and then used a really cool mesh with a graphic that had hexagonal reciprocating pattern on it. Any op amp rolling?

The over heating problem may not hurt the amp but may make it hard to use for an extended amount of time on my somewhat inefficient bookshelf speakers at 4ohm.

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Don’t know how and why you came up with 20 min overheating situation, but I have 1 x A07 and 2 x A07 Pro, none of these get more than warm even after playing for hours continuously with not so efficient Elacs. But I have placed them in open type media shelves.

saberger0357

Oh, sorry, I guess I scrolled the top part of the comment out of view or the window was minimized... a derper moment for sure. Have you tried modifying any of them? I saw someone used a better thermal paste on the A07 when bridging 2 for monos, they also cut the top of the box out to vent and then used a really cool mesh with a graphic that had hexagonal reciprocating pattern on it. Any op amp rolling?

The over heating problem may not hurt the amp but may make it hard to use for an extended amount of time on my somewhat inefficient bookshelf speakers at 4ohm.
I'm not interested in modding them. I use them as is and if I don't like them, I put them away for use as a spare, or I'll sell or even give it to somebody else. They're all inexpensive enough to consider them almost disposable. I have enough higher end, expensive amps to go around. But I like to try these out and so far I've been extremely pleased with how all of these little boxes sound. Granted, I'm not very picky so if they sound good to my ears that's all I really care about. I really like the A300's even though they were poorly reviewed here.

I use both the V3 and TB10A with the 2 pairs of 4ohm speakers. I'm planning on using the 07 with a pair of 8 ohm Bozak 302's that I'm currently driving with the 04. The 50+ watts the 07 delivers will be more then enough for them.

FWIW I'm driving a pair of 8 ohm Allison One's with a pair of A300's, bridged. I'm looking forward to the day when Fosi or Ayima delivers mono block amps that are easily bridged.

Last edited:
Don’t know how and why you came up with 20 min overheating situation, but I have 1 x A07 and 2 x A07 Pro, none of these get more than warm even after playing for hours continuously with not so efficient Elacs. But I have placed them in open type media shelves.

tonimccloud

What is your favourite cheap amp? I've owned fosi v3 48v, aiyima a07 and smsl a300. And I like the smsl a lot with my speakers

saberger0357

What is your favourite cheap amp? I've owned fosi v3 48v, aiyima a07 and smsl a300. And I like the smsl a lot with my speakers

I really like them all. The A300 bridged delivers more power then I would ever need, and to my ears sounds very good doing it. Haven't heard the 07 yet although I'm expecting it to arrive shortly and will listen later today. I do like the 04 a lot and therefore expect to feel the same about the 07. The V3 is fantastic, delivering a very rich presentation and an amp that I could easily live with as my primary.

Really, I like them all and happy that I have enough speakers to be able to use them all.

mlieber507

I use A07's with a small fan blowing air on to the top of the case and a 45 Volt 10 Amp SMPS. This prevents overheating with a 6 ohm speaker load at high volumes and many hours of operation. I have done the same with V3's, also with no overheating. My measured maximum output with the A07 was 130 RMS Watts but I have not yet tried this test with a V3. My current plan is to use one channel on each of 2 V3's as mono blocks fed by a preamplifier. The other channel on each V3 is grounded and a small 4 Ohm power resistor is attached across the each unused channel. One SMPS power supply is currently powering both mono block channels. Look at Ebay, they have a direct link to Fosi to buy V3's with no power supply for $60.00.

Top Bottom