• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

DuncanTodd

Nothing from mine unless I max out volume knob to 60, which would be semi expected, at least from me.
I'm getting a very slight hiss. It's about 10% as loud as a JBL 305p hiss, have to hold ear to tweeter, also it doesn't increase much with volume knob. cranked up.
Thanks.
I'm currently trying mine as a L/R amp connected to Denon pre-outs so the POT position has no effect on volume. Eventually (when I get more speakers) it will probably be used for the additional 2 channels the Denon offers as pre-outs.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Received mine today but can't power it for the moment because it came without power supply and I still don't know which to get yet.

It came in the black Aiyima box though.

HorizonsEdge

Yeah, now it says:

Hopefully you took screenshots.

CS message from vendor

Count Product Name and ASIN 1
41xhczQ06zL._SS100_.jpg

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Power Amplifier 300Wx2 HiFi Class D Stereo Digital Audio Amp 2.0 Sound Amplifier for Speaker Home Theater System
ASIN: B08CJZGT6H

Hi sir
thanks for your reply and support , pls don't worry ,we have put the power supply in it ,when your got the parcel without the power supply ,pls contact us ,we will arrange resend it for you ,
because at the first time ,we sold this product without the power supply , you can see our first order tiltle .
so pls don't worry .keep in touch
Best regards

DuncanTodd

CS message from vendor

Count Product Name and ASIN 1
41xhczQ06zL._SS100_.jpg

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Power Amplifier 300Wx2 HiFi Class D Stereo Digital Audio Amp 2.0 Sound Amplifier for Speaker Home Theater System
ASIN: B08CJZGT6H

Hi sir
thanks for your reply and support , pls don't worry ,we have put the power supply in it ,when your got the parcel without the power supply ,pls contact us ,we will arrange resend it for you ,
because at the first time ,we sold this product without the power supply , you can see our first order tiltle .
so pls don't worry .keep in touch
Best regards
Not a great deal at 70+ bucks without the PSU, especially when the same product sell for like $50 on Aliexpress or directly (without PSU).

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
So --- what these guys need is to implement low-latency supply of the power supply?
;)

Raindog123

Major Contributor
From the Q&A section:

Question: Is the power supply included?
Answer: For the better use of customers, we will provide power supply later, thank you for your support.
By Yima Top, Seller, on January 8, 2021

Later? What???

To report my personal resolution/experience. I've contacted AIYIMA through Amazon and the above Yima Top rather swiftly offered to send me their stock (32V 5A) power supply (PS). It became clear that they are currently out of PS stock at Amazon-US fulfilment center(s), so the supply would have to be sent from China. To my concern of delivery delay, they immediately offered for me to purchase a device "locally", and they would reimburse the cost. I informed them that I've just purchased a $22.50 (48V 3A) brick, and got issued a $22.50 refund through Amazon against my original purchase (Amazon confirmation email popped up next morning).

Our "conversation" happened over Amazon-backed emails around 1am EST. Nearly live - around ten messages exchanged both-ways within half hour or so. While there definitely was some small language barrier, overall, I consider AIYIMA's handling of my issue top notch.

On a grander scale, I would definitely recommend AIYIMA to decide whether the [Amazon] offer is with or without the PS, clearly indicate it in the product description, and stick to it. (Eg, by temporarily halting the "availability" if running out of PS stock). DIXI

Tim6622

pma

Major Contributor
Another absolutely frustrating experience. I have measured the A07 frequency response into my speaker dummy load, which quite well simulates frequency response of a 2-way speaker.

This is the load impedance plot
PMA_dummyload_impedance.png

And this is the frequency response at amp speaker output
AIYIMA_dummyload_s.png

I am afraid that this behaviour will be similar for many class D amp with the LC filter out of feedback loop. And the frequency response will be unpredictable and depend on speaker used. So is the sound.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I am afraid that this behaviour will be similar for many class D amp with the LC filter out of feedback loop. And the frequency response will be unpredictable and depend on speaker used. So is the sound.
Look on the bright side -- makes me think of that elusive, much-desired (in some circles) tube-like sound. :)

whazzup

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Another absolutely frustrating experience. I have measured the A07 frequency response into my speaker dummy load, which quite well simulates frequency response of a 2-way speaker.

This is the load impedance plot
View attachment 104776

And this is the frequency response at amp speaker output
View attachment 104778

Wow... a 2db rise... But is this representative of class D, or does this speak more of aiyima's implementation in the A07?

Raindog123

Major Contributor
Another absolutely frustrating experience .... the frequency response will be unpredictable and depend on speaker used. So is the sound.
Some would argue this is what a DSP/equalizer Is for... For digital sources at least. Welcome to 2021! :)

Top Bottom