• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

We are ready to launch an upgraded version of A07 Pro. Can you tell us what functions do you hope to add to A07?

AIYIMA

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Which functions do you hope to add on A07?
1. Fiber coaxial
2. Bluetooth
3. 2.1CH
4. PC USB
5. PFFB
6. Change a better OP chip
7. Another (Fill in the comments)
1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I would recommend bluetooth

Hemi-Demon

A sub output, a 12V trigger, a better opamp chip (maybe a OPA627, if that will work), and focus on CLEAN 50-100W@8ohm power. No desktop amp needs to produce 300W. Their is a market for a quality desktop amp like this, but it needs to perform. Better get it out before Topping releases their desktop model to match the performance of the L30/A50s. Bluetooth can be handled by the dac, leave that out.

Tangband

Major Contributor
Thank you Aiyima audio for your excelent products .
I own two Aiyima a04 tpa 3251 and they really are excelent and better than all competition in the pricerange.

I think that implementing PFFB and changing the ne5532 to LM4562 would be a fantastic audiophile upgrade. A real game changer in the audio world.
For a personal view - why not a power amplifier ?, the same unit but without a volume knob.

Last edited:

raif71

Major Contributor
One good song to play with Aiyima

Last edited:

cyruz

I think you should focus on improving components (opamp, inductors, caps, pot) and add PFFB. There is definitely a market for a higher quality TPA3255.

Moreover it would be nice to see a power amp and a monoblock version.

Please, don't add bluetooth...

theyellowspecial

Forum Donor
I think a "Pro" version should incorporate better components and performance over more features. The features added should be pro oriented, like adjustable input gain, etc. I think that's what most people around here would consider "pro".

cyberzigot

my two cents
- decent built in power supply. Its ok to increase the chassis size a little. Example the brzhifi tpa3255 amp.
- If you want to include bluetooth, make sure it is future proof like LDAC, aptx hd/LL. If you are not offering the best, its better to leave it out.
- i don't think anyone will object to better op amps.
- remote control would be nice
Ultimately focus on the amp and sound quality itself. Enthusiast want to play around with other DACs out in the market, no need to build it in your amp, keep the price competitive.

narx

I am holding off on buying one to see whether this upgraded version is a worthwhile upgrade.

Please do not add:
1. Fiber coaxial
2. Bluetooth
3. 2.1CH
4. PC USB

These are not upgrades, they are bloat in my opinion. Especially bluetooth and 2.1. Go ahead and release something with those features, but it'll appeal to a completely different set of customers if it appeals to anyone.

These seem like a good idea:
5. PFFB
6. Change a better OP chip

Also...
Built-in power supply or sold with an appropriate/ideal power supply.
Keep the volume control, but perhaps consider making it hard bypassable.
Upgraded components.

neuronestanco

Ryogo

• built-in power supply;
  • PFFB;
  • better op-amps;
  • pass-through (to be able to add a headphone amp in chain);

Last edited:

Vladetz

Power amp direct in
Inbuilt power supply
PFFB

narx

To summarize,

These items are requsted by several of us, with no one suggesting you avoid:
PFFB
Built-in (or sold with) power supply
Improved components (especially op amps)
Clearer documentation of performance specs

These have also been requested without other requests to avoid, but by fewer (or just one) of us:
Ability to bypass the volume control
Pass through
12 volt trigger
Remote control
Balanced inputs
Nicer looking case
Adjustable input gain
Banana plug outputs

These may appeal to some but would also turn others off:
Digital inputs (including bluetooth)
Sub out
No volume control at all

If I was you I'd be looking to implement something with just those first four and maybe 1 or 2 from the second group. You'd sell a lot of those, especially if you get it out soon.

If you also want to make something more multipurpose with a sub channel and digital inputs make it a separate product rather than trying to turn the A07 into something else.

Vladetz

To summarize,

These items are requsted by several of us, with no one suggesting you avoid:
PFFB
Built-in (or sold with) power supply
Improved components (especially op amps)
Clearer documentation of performance specs

These have also been requested without other requests to avoid, but by fewer (or just one) of us:
Ability to bypass the volume control
Pass through
12 volt trigger
Remote control
Balanced inputs
Nicer looking case
Adjustable input gain
Banana plug outputs

These may appeal to some but would also turn others off:
Digital inputs (including bluetooth)
Sub out
No volume control at all

If I was you I'd be looking to implement something with just those first four and maybe 1 or 2 from the second group. You'd sell a lot of those, especially if you get it out soon.

If you also want to make something more multipurpose with a sub channel and digital inputs make it a separate product rather than trying to turn the A07 into something else.
@AIYIMA I think that most of us want just a quality power amplifier (maybe with adjustable gain/volume). All other functions (digital inputs, bluetooth, remote control) can be had with a variety of dacs.

neuronestanco

@AIYIMA You have the possibility to create a reference product for class d amplifiers if you build it with quality components but without making it a kind of All in One (bluetooth, too many connections etc...) I personally hope in 2.1 with precisely selectable frequency cut, headphone output, pffb, better op built in Power supply. I think it would become a reference product in the price range.

P.s
The marketing experts are you, but in my modest opinion it would be better to make it a different product even in the name (for example A09 rather than A07 pro) or for those who have already purchased A07 it might seem like a mockery ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom