• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Nc502mp Review (6 Channel Amplifer)

Labjr

Major Contributor
I wouldn't worry about distortion of Class D amps unless you're running very inefficient speakers. Gosh, I remember buying a 15w/channel receiver when I was in high school. Now 300-500 watts isn't enough for some people.

I’m surprised this amplifier does not have golfing panther despite being in the blue region.

Is that rating reserved for the ABH2 level only moving on? Because nothing sensibly priced per Watt will ever beat this performance.
I questioned it also...Adding to that, I thought that was the purpose of the polls being added. The absence of one here is another oddity.

What are the polls for again?

GimeDsp

I questioned it also...Adding to that, I thought that was the purpose of the polls being added. The absence of one here is another oddity.

What are the polls for again?
I read through most of the thread and didn't see where a price was provided.

Surely a person can not give the best panther without taking price into consideration.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor

Surely a person can not give the best panther without taking price into consideration.
See post #53
$1,600.00 USD delivered.

Amir has stated on so many occasions he never factors in price.

Jdunk54nl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Amir has stated on so many occasions he never factors in price.
But he does. Plenty of reviews of his say due to the price I am going to recommend it...unless I am remembering completely wrong...

Last edited:

Jbrunwa

I own 2 of these, both running on the same 15A circuit,. I have more than enough power and no problems. I suppose I could have an electrician install additional circuits but I don’t see the need for more volume.

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Regarding power draw in a real world scenario:

I am running 4ch of NC502 and 6ch of NC252, along with my 85" QLED, and a Funk Audio subwoofer (2400w continuous, 4800w peak) all on one 15amp circuit. I watch movies at reference level with the sub running 8dB hot into the 20-100Hz range....and have yet to trip a breaker or dim lights in other rooms.

JayGilb

Major Contributor
I own 2 of these, both running on the same 15A circuit,. I have more than enough power and no problems. I suppose I could have an electrician install additional circuits but I don’t see the need for more volume.
I would assume that being class-D, there is minimal inrush current and no need to worry about popping a breaker on startup.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Regarding the upside down XLR connectors:

You'll see in any of the tear downs I use screw (solderless) XLR connectors. If I orient the connectors properly it makes it extremely difficult to insert the wires.
You do that once but the owner may do it many times. Think of the user.
I have been trying to be mindful of the XLR and speaker wiring crossing over the coils but I can obviously do better.
Good attitude. Much appreciated.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don’t think there is any “correct” orientation for XLR connectors. The cables only fit into them one way. Some manufacturers mount them sideways.
The issue is you dont see the lugs when plugs are in.

Madjalapeno

Forum Donor
I am in the process of off-loading the internal amps on a Denon 8500h to these two amps. In the final configuration 9.2.6 setup. The Buckeye 502’s will drive the base 9 speakers that are all tower speakers and the front height that are center size speakers. The remaining 2 sets of height speakers (middle & rear heights) will remain driven by the Denon. At least that’s the plan. ;)
9 + 2 + 6 = 17

How do you fit in the room?

Jdunk54nl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You do that once but the owner may do it many times. Think of the user.
Pretty sure Buckeye is talking internally not externally. So users don't ever have to worry about it.

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ya, at a cost of $5000 for a newer version nad m28 you get 7 channels. You can get 3 of these Buckeye 6 channel amps for a total of 18 channels for that cost
If one is willing to buy used, you can get a used M27 for $2200-$2700. At at that price it is a great value for what you get. I have an M27 but also a Buckeye 8 channel NC252 as well.

Jbrunwa

Pretty sure Buckeye is talking internally not externally. So users don't ever have to worry about it.
It’s not a problem. I have no problems removing the plugs and rarely need to do so.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I was talking externally. His comments were in order for ease of connecting wires to connectors internally he rotated the sockets. I said he has that difficulty once but the owner may experience it many times. Sacrifice easy manufacturing for the benefit of the user.

Top Bottom