• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speaker Wire 'Burn in'

Midwest Blade

It’s quite humorous when audiophiles feel things like cables are extra special vs ones used to make scientific discoveries

I think we get bored looking at the same old components in the rack and feel the need to dress things up with fancy speaker and interconnect cables, not to mention cables lifters and isolation pads and yet to be discovered "audiophile lighting". After all we can't always sit in the dark to listen it sounds a bit to inky.

MrPeabody

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Reminds me of a cartoon I remember seeing years ago (in Road & Track, MAD, Playboy, or The New Yorker... one of those) of a car in a gas station. There are three pumps on the service lane island, labeled regular, extra, and premium. The cartoon shows an underground cutaway view of the three supply pipes extending down from the pumps... all connected to one big gasoline reservoir tank.

I expect that there are always separate tanks, but I often suspect that some gas stations put low-octane gasoline in every tank. The turbocharged car I drive presently (not a sports car by any stretch) seems to be unusually sensitive to detonation, almost certainly due to oversensitive response in the ECU to the input from the detonation sensors. The only gasoline I've found that doesn't cause the engine to run like an old mule is the 93 octane Citgo, which I buy at an older, small Citgo station.

egellings

Major Contributor
What is it about a cable that changes after it's been used for a while? I don't see a mechanism for such change.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
What is it about a cable that changes after it's been used for a while? I don't see a mechanism for such change.

tired or worn electrons :eek: o_O

solderdude

Grand Contributor
That can be fixed by flushing the wires with DC to replace the old electrons with new ones.

One learns something everyday.
An enema for cables... of sorts.

Maybe that's why some of the older L30's attempted to flush the headphone cables. o_O

mansr

Major Contributor
The real trick here is to use a silver electron source. Since electricity is conducted by electrons, the sonic benefits of silver are retained even after the electrons are transferred to copper wire, and since normal audio signals are AC, they remain in the cable during normal operation. It's even possible to mix electrons from different metals to make your very own house blend.

HorizonsEdge

The real trick here is to use a silver electron source. Since electricity is conducted by electrons, the sonic benefits of silver are retained even after the electrons are transferred to copper wire, and since normal audio signals are AC, they remain in the cable during normal operation. It's even possible to mix electrons from different metals to make your very own house blend.

and it has the added benefit of warding vampires if you run the cable around the perimeter of your home!

Lambda

Major Contributor
That can be fixed by flushing the wires with DC to replace the old electrons with new ones.
Now i have a new business idea...

You can apply this treatment to all audio components not only cables!

Darkscience

Well fellas, Youtube recommended a video to me of a deaf audiophile. He uses a baloon to feel the vibrations and his brain turns into music just like you or I can hear. The video also says he can feel the difference when different cables are used. Got to give this dude some credit, he is a true audiophile. Lmao

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
I don't understand, in all audio fora the BS ends up flowing down the wires. I've lost count of how many wire threads have been closed by the mods.

Hipper

Addicted to Fun and Learning

My electrons are green, made by a windmill. They arrive at my abode through the grid because, I presume, the meter I have attracts the green electrons and rejects the others. I thought these green electrons might affect the sound of my system but up until now I've not noticed any difference.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
My electrons are green, made by a windmill. They arrive at my abode through the grid because, I presume, the meter I have attracts the green electrons and rejects the others. I thought these green electrons might affect the sound of my system but up until now I've not noticed any difference.
How is the resolution? E.g., does it reject teal electrons? Aquamarine? Cyan? In other words, what's the "Q" like for the green filter?
:cool:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

At what age does an electron become old, if their lifetime has been estimated to be not less than 66,000 yottayears (five-quintillion times the current age of the universe)?

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Has anyone posted these guys yet? http://www.teoaudio.com/technical/

They (used to?) sell a five-figure burn-in device, the fraudsters. And one of them is absolutely the second-worst golden-eared snob on Audiogon.

Top Bottom