• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

SAC_2

What kind of case could I use? Is there an enclosed plug and play version of this?

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think we should have a thread for DIY Switching power supply case. I am planning to build something mid of next month, may be a wooden.
Going to start getting components, like following rocket switch plug:

1614175963633.png

Anymore ideas please?

Zoomer

Last edited:

Raindog123

Major Contributor
So,
48V 7.3A with 4R load, we get 213.16 watts being lowest ?
48V 7.3A
with 8R load, we get 288 watts being lowest ?

48V 3A with 4R load, we get 36 watts being lowest ?
48V 3A
with 8R load, we get 72 watts being lowest ?

32V 5A with 4R load, we get 100 watts being lowest ?
32V 5A
with 8R load, we get 128 watts being lowest ?

24V 10A with 4R load, we get 144 watts being lowest ?
24V 10A
with 8R load, we get 72 watts being lowest ?

Yo’ve got the idea! With a couple of caveats:
1) The above calculations are correct for a DC-current case. As @pma points out, for an audio amplifier - amplifying a sign wave - we need to use the RMS voltage values [that will be Vpeak/sqrt(2)].
2) depending on the amplifier mode, the output voltage [peak] can be equal full, half, or even double (in a bridge mode, though lowering the effective load impedance) the DC voltage of the power supply. In the A07 case, one can assume that the amplifier output peak voltage does equal the power supply DC voltage (in the nominal speaker load value). The RMS voltage for the audio output power calculation will be VDC *0.71 [1/sqrt(2)].
3) The A07 (based on TI3255 chip) is about 90% power efficient, so our max-power-as-a-function-of-a-supply estimates need to be adjusted by a 0.9 factor.

Last edited:

TwistedMetalGear

Does anyone's A07 not sit level on their desk? Meaning it wobbles if you press one or more corners? I know that this is a dirt cheap amplifier and I shouldn't expect perfection, but I'm wondering if I should exchange it. My volume knob is also not a consistent friction. If I turn it just the right way I can make it squeak.

Steamrolly

Does anyone's A07 not sit level on their desk? Meaning it wobbles if you press one or more corners? I know that this is a dirt cheap amplifier and I shouldn't expect perfection, but I'm wondering if I should exchange it. My volume knob is also not a consistent friction. If I turn it just the right way I can make it squeak.
Mine sits level, no issue there however volume knob issues have been commented on in this forum. Your issue doesn't sound the same as mine; I had a issue where the knob rubbed at points so I used a couple of washers on the pot stem as a spacer behind the knob which resolved the issue.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mine sits level but squeaks too.

cyberzigot

The knob issue is easily fixed. Pull it out and grease or smoothen the rough edge. Once I did this and put it back, it becomes smooth and silent

SAC_2

So I just got my T5. Is anyone else a little annoyed that the dimensions don't line up? The T5 is too wide to put on top of the A07, and it's also a different height so they look mismatched next to each other. I was hoping for a matched stack like Schitt does.

SAC_2

I kind of regret not getting silver to match my turntable but I get the feeling I will be replacing that with a black one. Anyway here are the frustrating configurations

qn8eNmP.png

^^^ Side by side.... different heights and widths. Just doesn't look nice. Also this is going on a kitchen counter so space is at a premium.

jo0E3f4.png

^^^T5 on A07- T5 is too wide to sit on A07.

kJuNJpQ.png

^^^A07 on T5- can't block T5's tubes and in any case A07 is too long to sit on T5.

I am probably going to make a tiny shelf to put the T5 on top of the A07 in an aesthetically pleasing way. However it just seems like a silly oversight. Other brands match component sizes:

kvprksor5l411.jpg

M2W-Schitt-gear-patrol-lead-full.jpg

Etc. Would be great if a new "mini" component standard were implemented. In any case (ha ha) I'm sure it will all sound great which is all that matters.

HorizonsEdge

Anthony Rehm

So I just got my T5. Is anyone else a little annoyed that the dimensions don't line up? The T5 is too wide to put on top of the A07, and it's also a different height so they look mismatched next to each other. I was hoping for a matched stack like Schitt does.

But isn't A07 supposed to go together with AIYIMA DAC A5 Pro, not T5? A-series goes with A-series, you know.

Steamrolly

But isn't A07 supposed to go together with AIYIMA DAC A5 Pro, not T5? A-series goes with A-series, you know.
I just checked the dimensions for the A5 Pro and yes they match the A07. But one has to ask themselves what is more important; how the stack looks or how the system sounds. While I can vouch for the A07 and Topping D30 performance ( I own both) I can't comment on any of the Aiyima DAC's and Amir hasn't had the opportunity to test one yet (I actually asked him earlier this week).

Anthony Rehm

I just checked the dimensions for the A5 Pro and yes they match the A07. But one has to ask themselves what is more important; how the stack looks or how the system sounds. While I can vouch for the A07 and Topping D30 performance ( I own both) I can't comment on any of the Aiyima DAC's and Amir hasn't had the opportunity to test one yet (I actually asked him earlier this week).

Totally agree. Re A5 Pro there is a review with measurements in Russian, but Google Translate helps a bit to understand. https://translate.google.com/transl...litelem-na-naushniki.html&prev=search&pto=aue

Steamrolly

I just realized that the T5 has tubes (hence the 'T' :facepalm:) and as such has vents on the top. I would expect that you don't want to stack a A07 directly on top of a T5 regardless (or vice versa) to allow for ventilation and heat dissipation. Therefore side by side or using a small stand is the best solution for this combination.

SAC_2

Well the whole reason I went with the T5 was to have an analog input for my turntable.... but now I think I might return the T5 and get the Topping E30 (I like the screen) and an ADC for the (very cheap Crosley C100A) turntable. That price of that shelf is also a factor... I'd rather just spend that on proven hardware. Yes sound is important but looks matter too :D

Steamrolly

Well the whole reason I went with the T5 was to have an analog input for my turntable.... but now I think I might return the T5 and get the Topping E30 (I like the screen) and an ADC for the (very cheap Crosley C100A) turntable. That price of that shelf is also a factor... I'd rather just spend that on proven hardware. Yes sound is important but looks matter too :D
Makes sense to me. Just one caution the E30 is only 12.5 cm deep and the A07 feet are 12.5 cm centre to centre.

Top Bottom