• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 284 58.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 176 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If you fail to do this I will publish a measurement and a new video proving that you are telling lies."
Why wait?

He also shared this with me (yes, it is a fuzzy 6k byte file that he sent it to me):
Here is a sharper version ;)

The correct measurement point is exactly 6.5' above the tweeter so please make this correction and publish it.
That doesn’t make any sense if there is no distance specified…

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
?
Sigh: Continue to get messages from Eric like this:

"Amir,

I see you've actively correcting your mistakes. The correct measurement point is exactly 6.5' above the tweeter so please make this correction and publish it.

You're lying to your audience about the "angle being too small to make a difference in far field listening". Remove it! If you fail to do this I will publish a measurement and a new video proving that you are telling lies."

He also shared this with me (yes, it is a fuzzy 6k byte file that he sent it to me):
View attachment 363065

With the text of: "Next, see the attached image. The Mini Lore is a passive 6 component crossover (two resistors) 94dB sensitivity 8" 2-way loudspeaker with a "showroom" voicing [using your words here]. I'd love to see you do better with less."

You all see what I have been dealing for a month now?
Hilarious.

That looks like the woofer RAW responce. Maybe even from the woofer manufacturer.

That is absolutely not a measurement of any finished speaker, let alone the M-Lore

Katzz

The next generation Tekton M-Lore Meta has been leaked!
View attachment 363044
what the government don't want you to see.png

Last edited:

DanielT

Major Contributor

kschmit2

View attachment 363065

With the text of: "Next, see the attached image. The Mini Lore is a passive 6 component crossover (two resistors) 94dB sensitivity 8" 2-way loudspeaker with a "showroom" voicing [using your words here]. I'd love to see you do better with less."

here's the actual source of that exact plot: https://eminence.com/products/alpha_8a
image links: https://eminence.com/cdn/shop/products/[email protected]
Alpha_8A_110x110@2x.png

and: https://eminence.com/cdn/shop/products/[email protected]
Alpha_8A_1024x1024@2x.png

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Axo1989

Major Contributor
If he means it in the sense of rational debate, he is very much not interested in that. He is not presenting evidence to counter the evidence provided here and elsewhere. Also, wanting his lawyer and Amir's lawyer to sit down and chat (as if that is EVER done in the absence of legal conflict) is further proof that he genuinely believes he can talk his way through this debacle he has created. He can't.

Now that I've checked, I should credit @René - Acculution.com with suggesting that arbitration was likely the more correct term, a few pages back. Or, mediation is another possibility. An arbitrator or mediator may be a lawyer (but doesn't have to be) so the assertion that this is never done absent a legal conflict is incorrect, all that's required is a dispute of some kind.

Rationality is somewhat orthogonal, but an arbitrator/mediator may (and likely should) employ this. :)

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I'm actually not sure - if airflow was actually supersonic in a small tube, what WOULD it sound like? If you had oscillating supersonic motion, wouldn't it make an absolutely tremendous roaring noise?

If you can persuade Great Sun Jester (see his post 1345 for explanation) to wedge himself into a small cylinder we could find out, I dunno if Amir would be willing to stand at the noisy end with his Klippel though

Last edited:

Entropy

OH, please don't give him ideas!! He'll think the entropy of the speaker box would be the cause of bad measurements.
Please don't stuff me into a speaker box. That would hurt.

@Eric Alexander
As a former prospective customer I'm rather disturbed. I saw Amir's Lore mini review when it went live, and I can wholeheartedly say that it did little to diminish your products (which I previously knew about) in my eyes. After viewing Erin's review, I personally thought Troubadour measured far better than expected and decently for the price point overall, completely irrespective of the allegedly erroneous measurements. Erin's review shed new light onto your products, and put your high-end bookshelves on my shortlist. Let me repeat... an "inaccurate," review renewed my interest in your products and generated a positive impression of your brand! How do you think it would have turned out if you had just sent out some new feet and improved the review further?

After watching the initial events unfold, watching your videos, combing through this thread, reading erin's messages, etc. (Ie. looking at all available evidence), I've lost faith in your brand. I'll permanently be taking my business- and recommendations to others- to another competent company.

Last edited:

Entropy

Review updated with new reference point that is 6.5 inches above tweeter per company:

index.php
surrrrprise! Anyways, thank you for being willing to condcut such tests and continue interacting with Eric, countering claims with objective evidence. I'm not a fan of everything you do, but this is indisputably a service to the community. Your responses have been a class act in handling malicious manufacturers.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 363065

Okay, this is just demented. First, he's representing that this is the speaker's frequency response, which of course it most certainly is not, because how awful would it be if it were? As @voodooless, @ROOSKIE , and @DanielT have noted, this is just the woofer's response, and the raw response of the driver at that, not the driver in the M-Lore enclosure.

I am going to reserve final judgment to see if @Eric Alexander does in fact post the threatened next YT video with his own measurements to "show that Amir is wrong" - but based on this information, even if Eric Alexander was trying to say that this is just the woofer's response, he seems to believe that this graph of the driver's raw response is a meaningful measurement of his speaker. He can't really believe that, can he?

Oh, and BTW, @amirm 's measurement of the individual drivers inside the speaker corresponds pretty decently to the published raw response of the woofer. The response curves are different of course because one is raw and one is inside the enclosure, but the general correspondence lends further support to the validity of Amir's measurements.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
He can't really believe that, can he?
He must because of the comment about "showroom sound" which that graph clearly shows with elevated treble.

Top Bottom