• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nordost Blue Heaven AC Cord Review

Rate this power cord

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 321 95.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
index.php

Two thoughts (about all I am good for on a Monday).
1) when I think of monofilament, I'm thinking more along the lines of...

91pU31t4JjL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

2) Can I use a monofilament power cord for stereo? How about multichannel?

(OK, I'll stop... at least for now...)
Either way, something is fishy.

Sonny1

Amir, as Professor Danny pointed out, you must have cheap (non audiophile) outlets in your house. You need to upgrade to audiophile approved outlets. If that doesn’t help, it must be the cable leading from your circuit breaker to your outlet. Oh, if that doesn’t work, it must be the cable from the box to your circuit panel. Replace all of your wires and contact your utilities provider to see if they have an audiophile cable option all the way back to the source. Only then will you expedite the sonic Nirvana of expensive cables. Remember, no cable is too expensive.

JK, I love these power cable reviews even though I know the conclusion before actually reading them. I do it anyway out of respect for your work and because it is fun. Excellent job as usual.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
This is great!

Note: the A90 has a switching power supply. This will work fine as the incoming AC is rectified directly.
Not recommended to do the same test with an amplifier that has a linear power supply.
The transformer may not like this very much and could induce high frequency spikes.

Mtbf

So I was passing a Kiehl’s cosmetics shop as I read this thread . This was in their window display - same old pseudo science complete with a DNA helix to add some weight to their science-based potions and lotions. I wonder what sort of blind testing they did to substantiate the claims on their window poster
Not to comment on the advertising shown (I agree on that), but this is not a great comparison: these Retinol-based products have actually been scientifically proven effective, which we really can't say about those cables.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thank you for colonoscopy reference, an excellent five syllable word.
"Nordost Blue Heaven -- electrons will move through it like an endoscope through a fully prepped colon. Regular power cables are filled with crap that slows down the music. You don't want to listen to crappy music, do you? With Blue Heaven music is a smooth move!"

Endibol

Forum Donor
"...But you have to actually listen to it. Measurements are pointless for evaluating a power cable. Also, you do need for a high end system to point out the difference. Certainly, this 500$ Chinese crap is not revealing enough..."
Hilarious…

Endibol

Forum Donor
Cables are just an aspect of the whole business.

'QPOINT RESONANCE SYNCHRONIZER​

The QPOINT Resonance Synchronizer emits a subtle field which manipulates all electromechanical resonances within its immediate proximity so that they resonate in unison with each other. By syncing these resonances, the QPOINT eliminates internal electrical noise, enhancing the coherency and timing that is typically lacking in even the most high-end audio systems.

In order to accommodate its effects to all of the various electronics in the industry, including but not limited to solid state or tube amplifiers, digital or analog source components, traditional line stages or modern digital processors, and even to tailor results to the personal preferences of the user, the QPOINT has been designed with two modes. Mode I and II each generate unique resonances, which emphasize different musical characteristics as they lower the noise floor. Users can switch from Mode I to Mode II instantaneously to evaluate which sonic properties fit the needs of each unique electronic device in their hi-fi system.

The QPOINT is modular in nature. Its effects are cumulative and are best used alongside other Nordost QRT products. Nordost’s QPOINT Resonance Synchronizer ensures your electronics are all working in concert, in order to enhance the coherency, articulation, and musical structure of your system.'

What the Hell does the first paragraph mean?

How does one 'manipulate all electromechanical resonance'? By means of what?

Last paragraph is fantastic: 'effect is cumulative'. One can add Qpoints at a modest price step nearing 1k$ each.
You must admit that these guys know how to write a marketing text..

egellings

Major Contributor
Amirm, when testing had you taken the Velcro straps off? I found that was the reason why mine didn’t work. After that easy trick, I mean, wow, an unveiling like none before.
Unstrapping?

vkvedam

Forum Donor
@amirm still searching for the holy grail in the midst of myriad power cables (Kettle leads) :D

MacClintock

Since it is a power cord, you not even have possibly mixed up the "directivity" of the cable.

ocinn

god this one was so good

0F423455-1FF8-43EC-83B7-9150A914960C.jpeg

:facepalm:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom