• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review (AC Optimizer)

Rate this product:

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 270 96.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 2.5%

• Total voters

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In the USA all AC power products need to have a safety listing
I don't think these do.
Snag_1ade40c3.png
;)

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Its seems like Furutech's products are mostly snake-oil, however they do seem to have a legit product (based on what seems like a thorough test with the appropriate tools), their anti-static puck.

Life is too short to spend 20 minutes of it on that.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
I hope Amir returns the product. It is usually very easy to do Amazon returns. Don't waste $200+ dollars. Don't let the company think they actually made a viable sale. The return will show that no, they did not get away with selling junk. Return it!

Should we vote on it? I say return it.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I hope Amir returns the product. It is usually very easy to do Amazon returns. Don't waste $200+ dollars. Don't let the company think they actually made a viable sale. The return will show that no, they did not get away with selling junk. Return it!

I'd second that.

I'd also be asking Amazon to stop the device being sold on the grounds of "misleading claims"**

**Lies.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

No need. These companies routinely say "try it in your system and if you don't like it, return it." Well, return I will. :)

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe I missed something, I'm not sure what's wrong with his approach for testing? Seems legit.
I missed all of it. Like I said, I'm not going to waste 20 minutes of my life on something I'm pretty certain will just piss me off.

Did he measure the effect on audio signals? If he demonstrated a measureable and audible improvement to audio, tell me and I'll watch it. If he just measured impact on "static" I am not interested.

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
Going by the measurements, this has to be a stellar achievement. Here we have a device that is truly 100% transparent. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Topping!

Garrincha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No need. These companies routinely say "try it in your system and if you don't like it, return it." Well, return I will. :)
Good, With the money you could buy and test the Fiio KA3 dongle or the SMSL DO and HO 100 stack. The former is on the way to me from China and the latter I am considering to buy, pleeeeaaaase!;)

robpbg

isn't there some kind of "truth in advertising" law that could be applied here?

Marmus

This micro-crystal or whatever reminds me of 'glass loaded black plastic' which reminds me of the material Philips used to use to make plastic parts in their video deck mechanisms (noisy and strong, but brittle too the way they used it. is the 'carbon' giving the colour? Not a materials analyst so guessing...
Manufacturers use various amounts of glass fibers and other fillers to modify the properties of the plastics, typical is various % fill of glass fiber I. Nylon for varying stiffness etc. Carbon fillers for blackness is common. Also fillers for rfi/emi etc too. This thing does not conduct anything so is not that.

This is not certified by anyone? Hardware store has great ones that are certified. I ran a medical cert lab for awhile. Same stuff as hardware store, but test, documented and insured, so customer would pay big (less then this thing) for FDA certifed plug... but they also got a wire.

Hart

Both Six Moons and Enjoy the Music claim it makes a night and day difference. All kinds of ratings including attack, decay, inner resolution (as opposed to outer?) "soundscape extension into room" and more. Okay, now I am done with both of those sites. Never again.

deprogrammed

Still happens here in Aus too. If it's one of the major banks there is no per transaction charge, but if it's a 3rd party company ATM (which most in bars etc. are) then it's a $2.50 charge... I refuse to use them unless I have no choice at the time.
The poor planning tax.

Top Bottom