• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wishlist for Fosi Audio

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@Fosi Audio

You have asked this group to weigh in on some products and the feedback has been mixed. I would like to suggest something that I think a few people would like?

1) 2.1 DAC with Balanced outputs, HDMI ARC *with HDMI CEC*

You’re basically creating a DIY soundbar. HDMI ARC gets you 2 channel PCM, and HDMI CEC lets you use the TV’s remote to control the volume. Having a 2 channel DAC with a duplicate SUB out (L+R) would allow users with active speakers to have premium audio experience with any TV. 12V trigger out would also be great.

An improvement would be a switchable low/high pass filter.
Another improvement would be Dolby Digital+ decoding and a license of Dolby Volume for loudness control.

A budget option would be a 2.0 DAC with single ended output, but also HDMI ARC *with HDMI CEC*

People could pair this with the Fosi ZA3 if they wanted to have amplification.

I think this would make more sense than your surround channel setup because the surround setup gets into the realm of AVR competition but this could be a tiny box that can be hidden.

Top Bottom