• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Ultra

Petevid

No, but I think that would be 'casting' which is a bit lower quality than streaming directly?
Cause my whole point is to ensure max qual by download as in 'no wifi, no worries'. I would accept a card slot for the Ultra in this regard.
The Wiim amp has a usb input for external storage devices, I believe the Ultra will too

morillon

Major Contributor
How do you mean? Are you saying they won’t put it out for getting in a few weeks?

What experience do you have of WiiM saying they’ll put something out for beta testing, then not doing so?
there were often things announced that were terribly late...see the 10 band peq announced for late 22 early 23.. the wiim pro and plus had quite a delay etc... but the beta rc mode didn't have that much of a delay. ...so we'll see...
(Brantome, who has been practicing wiim like me for a very long time also continues to dampen expectations following the announcements from Wiim salespeople.....)

we will see...and all that is not "vital" and of such great importance either

patience....

Last edited:

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
there were often things announced that were terribly late...see the 10 band peq announced for late 22 early 23.. the wiim pro and plus had quite a delay etc... but the beta rc mode didn't have that much of a delay. ...so we'll see...
(Brantome also continues to dampen expectations following the announcements from Wiim salespeople.....)

we will see...and all that is not "vital" and of such great importance either

patience....

I don't there was any promise of 10-band PEQ in late '22/early'23. Do you have a link?

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
Maybe not 10 band, but PEQ was mooted late ‘22

Post in thread 'PEQ filters'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/peq-filters.15/post-225

My point is, there’s a difference between something being “mooted late ‘22” and Marillon’s “announced for late 22 early 23”.

In this instance, WiiM have given us a rough but fairly solid date, and one which is not far off, so it’s completely different.

By the way, just looked back to the first page of this thread where it was noted that WiiM were going to introduce room correction. There was no firm date, but that was as recently as January, and it’s already in beta.

Bottom line, if WiiM say they’re looking at something, that’s an open timeline. If they announce a date, then whilst there’s always a possibility of a delay, it’s usually (indeed, based on their track record, always) solid.

Which is why I disagree with Marillon’s patronising and ill-informed “from experience, don't get carried away...”, as experience has shown the exact opposite of what s/he said.

Last edited:

morillon

Major Contributor
was announced at the autumn 22 but 10bands then quickly announced that the mini will not be able to do more than 4bands.. enought memory etc

the peq 10 or 4 announced enf December 22 then end of January 2023..
ultimately arrived in September October 23 "with plus"...but only 4 bands (??) whether it's mini or pro-pro plus...

it's in the past..wait and see..

my point just to remind you that salespeople are quick to make announcements... but that you have to learn patience... that's all

(the announcement from a salesperson on the wiim forum of a larger number of bands on the mini is a bit surprising.. .)

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
IMG_4776.jpeg

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom