• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Brantome

Major Contributor
It's in Poland. But I have to mention that all popular music services are offered here for similar price, including Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music and Tidal HiFi. Only Tidal HiFi Plus is twice more expensive.
Yeah, compared to other European countries, prices in Poland are relatively cheaper (great places for a holiday btw :) ).

Amazon, like other retailers, price according to where they sell, depending on exchange rates, the market etc. Remember when it comes to music, what they charge is largely dictated by the contracts they have with record companies, so it‘s not all Amazon.

D

Deleted member 50971

The WiiM Pro is the next generation of the WiiM Mini - here‘s what WiiM have said in this thread and elsewhere about it:

”The WiiM Pro will arrive later this year at a $149 target price, around early Q4 22.

The hardware of WiiM Pro will be different from Mini. It'll have a quadcore CPU instead of dual core and 512MB DRAM/flash instead of 128MB DRAM/flash compared to the Mini. The application software will be same except for the support of Chromecast audio and additional interfaces. It’ll share the same code base and WiiM Home app as the Mini.

It’ll have WiFi/Ethernet/BT, Optical in, line-in, 12v trigger; BT, line , optical, headphone and Coax output, but no USB audio nor USB storage.

WiiM will also offer a BLE remote control with preset buttons that will work with both the WiiM Mini and the WiiM Pro around Oct.”
Thanks for taking the time to post this I appreciate it.

Undoubtably Amir will get one of these and test it, and hopefully it will have a little better internal DAC. But I think many of us are going optical out, and that needs to be transparent also.

It will be interesting to see it on Amir‘s bench.

DantonIzzo

How much p/m are people paying for Amazon Music Unlimited? (which gives you the HD tiers) Any way to get a discount or is it included with Prime etc?
I’m a prime member, so when I got it I only paid $79 for the entire year, so it’s a really good deal. I think it has since gone up, but still very good—like $90 a year.

gocubs42

Thanks for taking the time to post this I appreciate it.

Undoubtably Amir will get one of these and test it, and hopefully it will have a little better internal DAC. But I think many of us are going optical out, and that needs to be transparent also.

It will be interesting to see it on Amir‘s bench.
Is there any chance of Roon being in the Pro

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hello @WiiM Support

Without looking over 3000 posts, what is the pro version? I just bought my Wiim, and was hoping to avoid the upgrade bug for awhile.

Will the regular streamer end up decoding MQA?

I’m using the optical out by the way.
Yes, it will support tidal master mqa 8/31 on their roadmap. It will provide mqa core which will give you 88 or 92 for non mqa dac but if you have mqa dac that can do renderer on optical you get full unfold up to 192khz. I have tidal hifi plus and looking forward to this update next week.

D

Deleted member 50971

Yes, it will support tidal master mqa 8/31 on their roadmap. It will provide mqa core which will give you 88 or 92 for non mqa dac but if you have mqa dac that can do renderer on optical you get full unfold up to 192khz. I have tidal hifi plus and looking forward to this update next week.
Thanks for that, and yes definitely as I subscribe to the same service as yourself.

Smartplug

That I don’t know, maybe someone else knows, or Support will chime in.
The updates that has on wiim app will be same as the pro since they are using same base code. Pro will have chromecast but not mini. I’m not sure if the line in are regular rca or 3.5mm like on mini. Roon will be supposed later this year according to their faq.

D

Deleted member 50971

The updates that has on wiim app will be same as the pro since they are using same base code. Pro will have chromecast but not mini. I’m not sure if the line in are regular rca or 3.5mm like on mini. Roon will be supposed later this year according to their faq.
Nice, thank you.

D

Deleted member 50971

The pro sounds intriguing, almost makes me wish I held off. But hopefully they will continue to support the mini because it’s probably all I need.

Smartplug

Hifi forum are die hard ifi stream saying wiim sound harsh but ASR states sound transparent so does my ear. They even said measure well but doesn’t sound good.

D

Deleted member 50971

Hifi forum are die hard ifi stream saying wiim sound harsh but ASR states sound transparent so does my ear. They even said measure well but doesn’t sound good.
Of course, it’s not expensive enough for them, however optical out into a good DAC is as good as it gets. How does something measure well but sound bad? Silliness.

I did an A/B test between the mini and my DAP via USB to my DAC. Although it was sighted, it was more than obvious that there was no difference between the two once level matched.

Edit;
You have to remember that these people have been groomed by the audio magazines (industry) since the 1980’s or before. Once monster cable came on the scene, snake oil was abundant. So to admit that ASR and the rest of the objective side is right, and they are wrong just won’t happen. Many people would have to admit that their tweaks just didn’t work.

Sorry to bring all of the snake oil into it, but that’s what it’s rooted in.

Smartplug

Of course, it’s not expensive enough for them, however optical out into a good DAC is as good as it gets. How does something measure well but sound bad? Silliness.

I did an A/B test between the mini and my DAP via USB to my DAC. Although it was sighted, it was more than obvious that there was no difference between the two once level matched.

Edit;
You have to remember that these people have been groomed by the audio magazines (industry) since the 1980’s or before. Once monster cable came on the scene, snake oil was abundant. So to admit that ASR and the rest of the objective side is right, and they are wrong just won’t happen. Many people would have to admit that their tweaks just didn’t work.

Sorry to bring all of the snake oil into it, but that’s what it’s rooted in.
I was seriously criticized when I said
ASR measurements. One user bublehyde was the most obvious die hard stream fan then they back him off.

morillon

Major Contributor
Hello WiiM Support
I have a WiiM Mini and a Deezer account. The WiiM Mini continuously goes into trialmode. Which means you hear a number for 30 sec. in low resolution. I then lockout and login again and things are in order for some time. And then again, without warning, Deezer is in trialmode. The WiFi is very strong and the signal is steady and I don't have issues with other thing on that WiFi. I hope there is a solution. And the WiiM Mini is updated to

Hello ENG, this is an known issue to us due to the old API integration we have. We're working on replacing it with the new API (also with more features) and the fix should be released around late Sept. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
I spoke too soon
back from vacation with the new firmware and new wiim home (android)
I keep getting disconnected from my deezer account.
I need to logout then login in wiim home "deezer" to find my account and the flac...
I haven't had this kind of problem for months.
little bugs here and there in my use, but no more such problems...
:-(
ps
with wiim home ios...
you can dump the "recently played"?

Last edited:

Smartplug

Does anyone have problem on tidal connect when you choose another track that the current music still play till you pause it then play to change?

Jim Shaw

Forum Donor
I'm glad to see the prospect of a Pro version. I have two of the Minis -- it is so nice to have two decent systems well synced (both use optical out) on Amazon HD. I also can listen to podcasts and the local fine music station via TuneIn. I like very much the alarm and sleep timer functions. But if they include a better DAC in the Pro, it will give the additional flexibility to use yet another WiiM Pro plus amp and speakers outside -- an amp that doesn't currently have a built-in DAC. The current Mini's internal DAC is pretty low-res sounding; OK for elevator music but not so great for careful listening, as Amir's tests showed, and I can easily hear.

I would love it if the Pro included a USB input, so I could use one with my laptop without an external DAC. But I know that's a lot more to ask.

Just one man's view: I don't find any personal use for MQA and DSD is ancient tech. But I really like WiiM's UI/app. And I rarely like many UIs and apps. :} And if WiiMs can't run Roon, it's fine by me.

Good on ya, WiiM! Thanks, so far, for keeping your software upgrade promises.

Merifon

I spoke too soon
back from vacation with the new firmware and new wiim home (android)
I keep getting disconnected from my deezer account.
I need to logout then login in wiim home "deezer" to find my account and the flac...
:-(
I'm not deezer subscriber but sometimes I try it by wiim app and noticed that even still logged in, all my preferred artists are changed by unknown ones, until I log off an on. In Deezer's app there's not such behavior, all my preferred are always in place.
The strange thing is that in such situation with Wiim app, I can frequently get flow and other selection, at flac lossless, like I was subscriber...

Merifon

Does anyone have problem on tidal connect when you choose another track that the current music still play till you pause it then play to change?
I don't recall exactly but rarely, after pause or some changes, I have to skip and back to get output.
It's very rare.
I noticed other two strange behaviors, ignored by Tidal support after my tickets.
First, if I go on android auto with the phone, coming back to home, wiim is seen back after forced termination of Tidal app only.
Second, after end of a playlist or album or single selected song streaming with Tidal connect, as wiim is, no automatic continuation take place, even enabled in preferences.

jae

Major Contributor
The WiiM Pro is the next generation of the WiiM Mini - here‘s what WiiM have said in this thread and elsewhere about it:

”The WiiM Pro will arrive later this year at a $149 target price, around early Q4 22.

The hardware of WiiM Pro will be different from Mini. It'll have a quadcore CPU instead of dual core and 512MB DRAM/flash instead of 128MB DRAM/flash compared to the Mini. The application software will be same except for the support of Chromecast audio and additional interfaces. It’ll share the same code base and WiiM Home app as the Mini.

It’ll have WiFi/Ethernet/BT, Optical in, line-in, 12v trigger; BT, line , optical, headphone and Coax output, but no USB audio nor USB storage.

WiiM will also offer a BLE remote control with preset buttons that will work with both the WiiM Mini and the WiiM Pro around Oct.”
This is going to be perfect to go with the new RME ADI-2/4 PRO SE DAC I will be buying... I hope the Wiim will look nice along with that and the MOTU M4 on my desk!

morillon

Major Contributor
I'm not deezer subscriber but sometimes I try it by wiim app and noticed that even still logged in, all my preferred artists are changed by unknown ones, until I log off an on. In Deezer's app there's not such behavior, all my preferred are always in place.
The strange thing is that in such situation with Wiim app, I can frequently get flow and other selection, at flac lossless, like I was subscriber...
it seems very confusing...
:-0
I recognize that I hope that the wiim mini can one day support chromecast and more simply use the deezer application (and keep wiim home for the radios etc.)....
so obviously I'm a little disappointed to learn, what does it seem, only the future version of wiim will realize it...

Last edited:
Top Bottom