• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Does anyone who has tidal master allow you to choose master on account under wiim apps? The only choice I have is standard, hi and hifi.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Does anyone who has tidal master allow you to choose master on account under wiim apps? The only choice I have is standard, hi and hifi.
Tidal Master support isn’t targeted to be released until 5/31 according to their website

Mojorisin35

Awesome!!!

“Now we have released the beta firmware version() for Amazon Music HD/UHD Testing, your device can be upgraded automatically.

Please follow these steps in the following documents, you can cast your music from Amazon Music app to WiiM Mini. Please note that the beta firmware doesn't support Alexa preferred speaker. After the test is completed, you need to re-sign in Alexa again on your device.
If you have any issues, please tell us and help to send us a feedback in WiiM Home app.
Best,
WiiM Support”

Smartplug

Awesome!!!

“Now we have released the beta firmware version() for Amazon Music HD/UHD Testing, your device can be upgraded automatically.

Please follow these steps in the following documents, you can cast your music from Amazon Music app to WiiM Mini. Please note that the beta firmware doesn't support Alexa preferred speaker. After the test is completed, you need to re-sign in Alexa again on your device.
If you have any issues, please tell us and help to send us a feedback in WiiM Home app.
Best,
WiiM Support”
Is this whitelisted or will be general release beta?

Music1969

Major Contributor
Now we have released the beta firmware version() for Amazon Music HD/UHD Testing, your device can be upgraded automatically.
Oh sh!t !

Here we are ladies, the (beta) day has finally come.

So does it actually work ? LOL

Brantome

Major Contributor
Oh sh!t !

Here we are ladies, the (beta) day has finally come.

So does it actually work ? LOL
I got the email that I had been added to the beta testing whitelist this morning when I woke, so I’m not sure it’s a general beta release. Lying in bed casting from the amazon music app to the WiiM downstairs, which is plugged into my Linn MDSM/4 and it’s showing 24/192 from the ultra hd playlist I have. Listening to it at low volume, having ‘dropped in’ to the echo show that’s there too ;) I’ll have a more serious play with it soon, but it’s looking good. They say in the setup that it doesn’t yet work thru the echo preferred speaker route, but I’ll see how/if it integrates with Alexa later. As it stands, I can cast from the amazon music app which a lot prefer. WiiM app not showing the resolution itself, but that may be an Amazon music app restriction that hopefully WiiM can circumvent.

Music1969

Major Contributor
As it stands, I can cast from the amazon music app which a lot prefer.
Very good first step.

Lying in bed casting from the amazon music app to the WiiM downstairs, which is plugged into my Linn MDSM/4 and it’s showing 24/192 from the ultra hd playlist I have.

So a mix of different sample rates are all being output to 24/192 at the moment? I was hoping for correct/matching sample rates, but I guess it's early days.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Very good first step.

So a mix of different sample rates are all being output to 24/192 at the moment? I was hoping for correct/matching sample rates, but I guess it's early days.
Sorry, bad wording/omitted info on my part - the playlist of ultra hd tracks I was playing are all 24/192. I’m just messing around just now with a playlist with mixed resolution tracks, from an mp3 I uploaded when Amazon had that service, thru 16/44.1, 24/48, 24/96 and 24/192 and apart from my Linn reporting the first two as 24/44.1 ( it might just be a quirk of its optical inputs), the correct resolution is showing as each track changes. Looking very promising at the moment, it must be said :)

Music1969

Major Contributor
Sorry, bad wording/omitted info on my part - the playlist of ultra hd tracks I was playing are all 24/192. I’m just messing around just now with a playlist with mixed resolution tracks, from an mp3 I uploaded when Amazon had that service, thru 16/44.1, 24/48, 24/96 and 24/192 and apart from my Linn reporting the first two as 24/44.1 ( it might just be a quirk of its optical inputs), the correct resolution is showing as each track changes. Looking very promising at the moment, it must be said :)
Oh sh!t. This is the real deal.

A world first.

Casting from iOS or Android device?

Can you also try to cast from PC/Mac Amazon Desktop app? If you get a chance.

Smartplug

I got the email that I had been added to the beta testing whitelist this morning when I woke, so I’m not sure it’s a general beta release. Lying in bed casting from the amazon music app to the WiiM downstairs, which is plugged into my Linn MDSM/4 and it’s showing 24/192 from the ultra hd playlist I have. Listening to it at low volume, having ‘dropped in’ to the echo show that’s there too ;) I’ll have a more serious play with it soon, but it’s looking good. They say in the setup that it doesn’t yet work thru the echo preferred speaker route, but I’ll see how/if it integrates with Alexa later. As it stands, I can cast from the amazon music app which a lot prefer. WiiM app not showing the resolution itself, but that may be an Amazon music app restriction that hopefully WiiM can circumvent.
Can you provide image on amazon music what’s look like?

Smartplug

How do I get the whitelist on amazon via wiim apps? Or do you use other email?

Brantome

Major Contributor
Oh sh!t. This is the real deal.

A world first.

Casting from iOS or Android device?

Can you also try to cast from PC/Mac Amazon Desktop app? If you get a chance.
Mainly iPad/iOS, but just tried it on my Honor 10 android phone and it’s working the same there. The Windows Amazon Music app doesn’t support casting in any event - but you could try running the android Amazon music app there if you have Windows 11 (if you’re not In the USA, you can dupe it into thinking you are as I’ve done, just don’t ask me to recall how ;) ). I’ll go fire up my PC and try that

Music1969

Major Contributor
Mainly iPad/iOS, but just tried it on my Honor 10 android phone and it’s working the same there. The Windows Amazon Music app doesn’t support casting in any event - but you could try running the android Amazon music app there if you have Windows 11 (if you’re not In the USA, you can dupe it into thinking you are as I’ve done, just don’t ask me to recall how ;) ). I’ll go fire up my PC and try that

Thanks. I just ordered my WiiM Mini.

It will be buggy for the next weeks but I've seen enough of WiiM Support working really hard and fast to squash bugs.

Casting from iPad and correct sample rates reaching your DAC - that's exactly what we've been hoping for and it's here now (beta testing)

Brantome

Major Contributor
Also works from the android amazon music app running under Windows 11

Music1969

Major Contributor
Sales of this thing were probably already good but will now really jump.

Will take a few weeks for my order to reach me, so I'll have to live through you whitelisters lol

Top Bottom