• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
I was asking because I was curious whether adding support for Amazon Music was possible.
Yes and no. Allmusic does have SOME albums with the "Play to Amazon" button, which will open the Amazon Music app on your 'puter, which could be, of course, pointed to the WiiM. Clunky, but workable. As far as getting access to the Amazon Music API to dupe what I've done with the Tidal/Qobuz/Deezer APIs - a big NO for us mere mortals, sadly.

morillon

Major Contributor
apple classical music has been, for a few days
available in my country..
an alternative to qoobuz?
is it available via mini or pro? is with what format (alac?)?
(i can measure "in audio a wiim" etc .. I know nothing about streaming ( which interests not really) , computer etc
hihi
)
sorry
and
thank you
;-)

Last edited:

Brantome

Major Contributor
I may be wrong, but I see it as a classical adjunct to Apple Music (while acknowledging its origins in PrimePhonic iirc) so I suspect it’ll be very much like Apple Music when it comes to WiiM I.e. you’ll be able to use Airplay and its inconsistencies (e.g. potential conversion to AAC) but you’ll not get a native implementation any time soon due to Apple being a tough nut to crack

morillon

Major Contributor
but they point to possible hq formats....( alac ) etc
in the world of classical necessarily seem interresting
which hardware solution currently allows it?

Brantome

Major Contributor
but they point to possible hq formats....( alac ) etc
in the world of classical necessarily seem interresting
Yeah, of course they‘d mention HQ as they do with Apple Music, but the means of playing that outside Apple hardware (and even on some apple hardware) is almost non existant. As I say, I see it as a variation of Apple Music and all that entails

morillon

Major Contributor
I will probably need more qoobuz in my case.. but I ended up really telling myself that deezer and its 44/16 flac offer still has the quality of being constant, reliable and not too "smoky".
in view of the thousands of perpetual questions concerning the other services and the " blabla "that accompanies them..
deezer is simply ok now with wiih home..modeste..but ok..
(and I'm talking about the mqa and the fact that the hq formats will only concern a few percent of the catalogs and therefore almost nothing that will really concern me...the "law of sets"
etc etc and ecological impacts for some things that people not really heard(
it is in fact very different from the video)! but it sells...)

Last edited:

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
The price for a 'refurbished' WiiM Mini streamer has dropped from $64.99 USD to $62.99 USD at Linkplay's outlet store on Ebay

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
;)

Screenshot 2023-04-09 4.37.58 PM.png

Graham849

Forum Donor
Is there a way to send output from eddict Android player to wiim mini tia, g

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Is there a way to send output from eddict Android player to wiim mini tia, g
Assuming you mean the Addict podcast player, it supports Chromecast, as does the WiiM Pro, but not the Mini. You'll need the WiiM Pro.

Graham849

Forum Donor
Assuming you mean the Addict podcast player, it supports Chromecast, as does the WiiM Pro, but not the Mini. You'll need the WiiM Pro.
I mean the shanling eddict music player, cheers g

lanidx

I could use some help.

My set up: Tidal Plus—> WiiM Mini,—(optical)-> Audiolab 7000a

I wonder why my streams are limited to 96kHz. My Wiim App and my Amp/DAC say 96kHz. I am using a 192kHz playlist from Tidal, MQA is activated, output is set to 192kHz on my WiiM, and my DAC should be able to process 192kHz.

Would appreciate some help here, I am very new to the topic.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
I could use some help.

My set up: Tidal Plus—> WiiM Mini,—(optical)-> Audiolab 7000a

I wonder why my streams are limited to 96kHz. My Wiim App and my Amp/DAC say 96kHz. I am using a 192kHz playlist from Tidal, MQA is activated, output is set to 192kHz on my WiiM, and my DAC should be able to process 192kHz.

Would appreciate some help here, I am very new to the topic.
WiiM can unfold the MQA stream up to 96 kHz, no more.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Thanks. But how do I then understand this?

View attachment 278566

And, if some would explain to me, how I have to understand "MQA Capabilities", I'd really appreciate it.
It's for the DAC which can perform further unfolds if it's a renderer or it can perform all the unfolds itself if it works as a decoder.

Those mentioned "MQA Capabilities" in the app are not clear for me.

lanidx

Okay. . After a reboot it appears to work.

1681213565612.jpeg

The Wiim App shows 48kHz only. I guess it’s a bug.

lanidx

To sum it up for anyone running into the same issue.

In order to get MQA 192kHz streams with the Audiolab, I have my WiiM Mini set to: MQA (Beta): activated, and MQA Capabilities set to: Decoder and render.

://edit: Or, alternatively, you deactivate MQA, turn off the EQ, and activate fixed volume. (see the following posts)

Last edited:

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
To sum it up for anyone running into the same issue.

In order to get MQA 192kHz streams with the Audiolab, I have my WiiM Mini set to: MQA (Beta): activated, and MQA Capabilities set to: Decoder and render.
What happens if you disable MQA on the WiiM? I assume you don't use the EQ and the volume is fixed / set to 100 %.

Top Bottom