• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Music1969

Major Contributor
I see that you edited your post, which I think is a good thing, so I will ignore what I read.
Yes I deleted the part where I said my reply was not to you anyway, after you mentioned "The poster says he has a stereo setup so what is your point?"

Said poster follows the point I was making.

You still have not explained what does Atmos bring to a stereo setup.

Please explain or otherwise show what I "missed".

There are certain circumstances where you may not be able to avoid Atmos - despite being only interested in 'stereo'.

And by the way the Atmos available on iOS apps is 2-channel (Atmos binaural renderings for stereo headphones..)

Rather than type about it - if you have Tidal on iOS and a WiiM Mini, just do what I've described in earlier post and you will easily see "the point"

The point = a bug

Trell

Major Contributor
Yes I deleted the part where I said my reply was not to you anyway, after you mentioned "The poster says he has a stereo setup so what is your point?"

Said poster follows the point I was making.

There are certain circumstances where you may not be able to avoid Atmos - despite being only interested in 'stereo'.

And by the way the Atmos available on iOS apps is 2-channel (Atmos binaural renderings for stereo headphones..)

Rather than type about it - if you have Tidal on iOS and a WiiM Mini, just do what I've described in earlier post and you will easily see "the point"

Jesus, a graceful exit is not in the cards for you.

Music1969

Major Contributor
Jesus, a graceful exit is not in the cards for you.
Apologies. "so what is your point?" comes across a certain way.

Maybe misinterpretation on my part. Or reading into too text 'tone' too much

Hopefully everything is clearer now

All the best

Trell

Major Contributor
My posts actually found a bug with WiiM Mini's Tidal Connect implementation.

Your posts are adding zero value to WiiM Mini discussion

WTF has that with you pissing on a ASR member preferring to listening to music in stereo?

Music1969

Major Contributor
WTF has that with you pissing on a ASR member preferring to listening to music in stereo?
@Turambar liked my post and we clarified the bug - so he and I have a clear understanding of the issue I mentioned to him.

You don't have a clue what this is about, even though I tried to explain it.

You seem to have more of a problem about 'stereo gate' than the ASR member you are trying to defend.

Stop replying to me.

Trell

Major Contributor
@Turambar liked my post and we clarified the bug - so he and I have a clear understanding of the issue I mentioned to him.

You don't have a clue what this is about, even though I tried to explain it.

You seem to have more of a problem about 'stereo gate' than the ASR member you are trying to defend.

Stop replying to me.

You really don't "get it", do you?

Music1969

Major Contributor
You really don't "get it", do you?

To add value to this discussion you could do like the person you are passionately defending and actually try to reproduce the bug that I have found.

The ASR member you defend was very helpful in reproducing the bug.

This is a good example of adding value to WiiM Mini discussion.

1659370038625.png

Trell

Major Contributor
To add value to this discussion you could do like the person you are passionately defending and actually try to reproduce the bug that I have found.

The ASR member you defend was very helpful in reproducing the bug.

This is a good example of adding value to WiiM Mini discussion.

View attachment 221673

But then why do you to have smack him down for preferring stereo instead of "Atmos"?

Music1969

Major Contributor
But then why do you to have smack him down for preferring stereo instead of "Atmos"?
Where the fark is this smack down that you've imagined ??

Smack down of preference? How stupid is this ?

And here is the kicker that shows you don't have a clue what this was even about - I don't even want Atmos !

If you actually understood the initial discussion (ffs!!) it would be obvious that I am trying to cast STEREO (NOT Atmos) but this bug that I found prevents it from doing such !

FFS

Top Bottom