• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

Rate this streamer:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 12 2.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 46 9.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 230 48.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 186 39.2%

• Total voters

Merifon

I got this...
It seems fix wrong 48khz after resume Tidal playing from wiim gone in stand by.
After previous update, I had to detach/reattach from "Tidal connect" to get right sample rate back again in those cases.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221208_024019_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221208_024019_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
I've got 437954 instead. This time it has updated automatically during the night.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
I got this...
It seems fix wrong 48khz after resume Tidal playing from wiim gone in stand by.
After previous update, I had to detach/reattach from "Tidal connect" to get right sample rate back again in those cases.
I've raised a ticket regarding missing spdif metadata, for example bits indicating sampling frequency. It has been fixed, maybe that was the reason of your issue also.

Merifon

I've raised a ticket regarding missing spdif metadata, for example bits indicating sampling frequency. It has been fixed, maybe that was the reason of your issue also.
Yes, it could be. Me too raised a ticket about. The dac shown 48, instead of 44.1, I think the change was in wiim, before sending through the toslink port.
Don't know if real resample took place or was simply wrong label indication, it was anyway impossible to hear differencies...

Last edited:

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Yes, it could be. Me too raised a ticket about. The dac shown 48, instead of 44.1, I think the change was in wiim, before sending through the toslink port.
Don't know if real resample took place or was simply wrong label indication, it was anyway impossible to hear differencies...
I do not know how DACs usually get sample rate shown but if they rely on channel status metadata and it's missing it will be non distinguishable between 44.1 and 48 for example.

Merifon

I do not know how DACs usually get sample rate shown but if they rely on channel status metadata and it's missing it will be non distinguishable between 44.1 and 48 for example.
Certainly, DAC's extract original word clock from the signal itself. Af far a given model displays, maybe o maybe not, it takes care of channel status word.
In any case, upsamples are not so disruptive and are very hard to perceive.

MechEngVic

Did anyone else get firmware release 437954 like onlyoneme got? I have yet to get it and it's been 10 days since he mentioned getting it.

Overseas

Major Contributor
Just waiting for my Mini today, to use: Mini optical - E50 - amp.
Main reason for purchase is Tidal Connect convenience, it is said that sometimes the new device should be first updated for firmware.
However, my question is: Wiim app update and 'firmware' update are 2 different things ? Are both automatic once there is Wifi ?

Top Bottom