• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Amp discussion

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is that right @VintageFlanker , are you getting one in to measure?
I received one about 4 weeks back.

Any word on your measurements? Maybe just a word, good, Bad, average?
Won't tell until my test is properly finished and repeated. Truth is, I have several products at the same time (and in fact, at least 5 reviews that just need my writing to be posted), and try to prioritise... :confused:
It will probably influence my decision if I will use/keep the WiiM amp
You could make your decision based on this already :
There's no reason to think that my results would be significantly different than measurements from @onlyoneme. Even if my presentation, pics & editing style differ quite a bit. ;)

Measurements aside : It is a very good finished product at its price. The app works flawless with the amp so far.

Last edited:

mskis

Update. Amp has a sort of humming noise. Not through the speakers. And it’s always warm even when in standby. Will reach out to WiiM and update here how it progresses.

lordhumungous

Update. Amp has a sort of humming noise. Not through the speakers. And it’s always warm even when in standby. Will reach out to WiiM and update here how it progresses.
I’m gonna pass till WiiM amp version 2

msgdn

Hi, something like this?

mangochutney

Not happy about these early reviews. I ordered one on essentially a whim based on the sheer feature set but the room it’s going to be used in is very quiet and any kind of hum from the device will be audible.

kaffe

Experiencing the same sort of noise from mine, in standby mode as well. Warm to the touch, not sure how warm as I don’t have any means of measuring it. Must definitely be using quite some power…

Wondering if you can expect a firmware update to fix such an issue, especially the noise.

OldTimer

That type of noise is unacceptable in any amp. Glad I didn’t buy. Gotta say that is a weird noise for an amp .
You should check your wall socket grounding first. Test it with multi meter whether it’s nicely grounded.

Kabeltrommel

You should check your wall socket grounding first. Test it with multi meter whether it’s nicely grounded.
Does it use a grounded plug and what socket and plug type are you guys using? Would be interesting to see if the issue is limited to that

mvnchies

Ahh well darn, that is very unfortunate... I will have to wait and see how this evolves. Humming noise and hiss and whine and whatnot give me headaches way too easily :-(

thank you for the update!

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
Guys, it’s £300!
Just buy it on features alone. Nothing else comes close in a single box for the money. The rest is a bonus.

For me, I’m waiting and seeing.

If the measurements are good, then I’ll go right ahead.

The alternative on the horizon is a WiiM streamer into my current DAC, then the upcoming Fosi Audio amp with bass management.

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
You could make your decision based on this already :
There's no reason to think that my results would be significantly different than measurements from @onlyoneme. Even if my presentation, pics & editing style differ quite a bit. ;)

If your style isn’t “almost wilfully impenetrable” it’ll be a step forward. ;)

Top Bottom