• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Amp discussion

lordhumungous

For me, I’m waiting and seeing.

If the measurements are good, then I’ll go right ahead.

The alternative on the horizon is a WiiM streamer into my current DAC, then the upcoming Fosi Audio amp with bass management.
I’m not buying any amp that buzzes or makes the sound I heard on the video someone posted here . I don’t care if it measures ok .

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
I’m not buying any amp that buzzes or makes the sound I heard on the video someone posted here . I don’t care if it measures ok .

I most certainly wouldn’t base my purchasing decision on one video some bloke posted on the internet.

If you would like it otherwise, buy it, then send it back if it buzzes. It really is that simple.

lordhumungous

I most certainly wouldn’t base my purchasing decision on one video some bloke posted on the internet.

If you would like it otherwise, buy it, then send it back if it buzzes. It really is that simple.
There have been multiple reports of buzzing not just this guy. So I'll wait

jlastiri

Received mine a week ago and I can hear a hissing noise in my desktop set up. The amp is about 2ft away from my listening position. it annoys me.

Kabeltrommel

Amazon.de shipped my unit (even though originally stating it would arrive on 28th), now It's scheduled for tomorow. I will check for the humming issue then

KU713

Winning once is one thing, but winning a second time is an art. Unfortunately, this was not confirmed with the wiim amp.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
From the AMP...If I get next to the amp's vents it is very loud.
There is nothing coming out of the speakers when no playing music.
OK - that ain't right.

msgdn

Did you try to insert the power cable the other way around into the wall socket? Does it change anything?
It doesn't change anything. Whether I use regular grounded wall socket or connect to UPS or any other socket, that buzzing noise is the same.

ninetylol

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just setup mine. There is a very faint coil whiny sound, but I cant hear it when more than 20cm away. I think i would have never heard it if i didnt put my ears so close to it ( just because I read about it here)

mskis

Heat and buzzing noises in standby is a faulty design. Messing around with power receptacles to try and fix it is missing the point. WiiM replied to me that they agree it sounds faulty.

Top Bottom