• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Ultra

Brantome

Major Contributor
I don't see why not.

After all, the room correction algorithm runs on your phone. Only the final EQ parameters get written to the WiiM.

Sure, the Mini may only be capable of 8 PEQ bands instead of 10, but making a second correction algorithm that only calculates 8 bands should be trivial.

If the automatic room correction is not added to the Mini, then it's because WiiM can't/won't allocate enough dev time to their entry level model or wants to keep automatic correction as a differentiating feature.

Not because of hardware constraints.
Fair enough points - Room Correction for the Mini has been like the hokey cokey ;)

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Fair enough points - Room Correction for the Mini has been like the hokey cokey ;)
To be fair I'm astounded it's offered at all at the price, really impressive. Maybe I've watched the wrong reviews, wasn't even aware of room correction until now.

Anyone here got any experience with the room correction at all?

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Nearly everyone I would have thought.
Keith
It is only in beta testing currently, so not many of us have had the chance yet, unfortunately.
To be fair I'm astounded it's offered at all at the price, really impressive. Maybe I've watched the wrong reviews, wasn't even aware of room correction until now.

Anyone here got any experience with the room correction at all?
There's a dedicated thread over on the Wiim forum

Top Bottom