• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Why is audio so angry?

Thomas savage

Power hungry desperado
The Watchman
Patreon Donor
So does this mean you are at a vulnerable time when Amir could hire you for permanent moderator? Would you consider moving to the states? Amir has that camper van so living accommodations would be available and very inexpensive. Amir needs to stay out of it and do more testing anyway.

If the woman isn't amenable to moving to the US, they have some very nice women in the Pacific Northwest.
I'm free but @amirm has gone to great lengths to make sure there's no men living near him that are more attractive than he is (was, before time mocked him so cruelly) so I can't see him being willing to allow me permanent lodgings. He would be over come with fits of jealous rage on a daily basis and testing would come to a complete standstill.

I thought I'd look into moving to @watchnerd neck of the woods and declare myself a professional Cat walker , I'd at least have one client.

Krunok

Major Contributor
I'm free but @amirm has gone to great lengths to make sure there's no men living near him that are more attractive than he is (was, before time mocked him so cruelly) so I can't see him being willing to allow me permanent lodgings. He would be over come with fits of jealous rage on a daily basis and testing would come to a complete standstill.

I thought I'd look into moving to @watchnerd neck of the woods and declare myself a professional Cat walker , I'd at least have one client.
Huh.. Cat walking?!? I don't think you'll get many customers in that line of business.. :eek: :facepalm:

Wombat

Major Contributor
I don't see audio as angry but some individuals seem to be so. ;)

Shadrach

Lots of audiophiles take audio reproduction far too seriously. It stretches into both subjectivist and objectivist camps.
It's hard not to laugh between the I know what I hear crowd and I know what I'm talking about crowd; neither are right and both terms are constraining and largely inaccurate.
In the end it is about what you hear and to make a fair assessment of this you need a fair trial.

Krunok

Major Contributor
Lots of audiophiles take audio reproduction far too seriously. It stretches into both subjectivist and objectivist camps.
It's hard not to laugh between the I know what I hear crowd and I know what I'm talking about crowd; neither are right and both terms are constraining and largely inaccurate.
In the end it is about what you hear and to make a fair assessment of this you need a fair trial.
I think there are still some unknown things when it comes to speakers/headphones but with electronics objectivists do know what they are talking about.