• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 13 3.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 41 10.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 326 84.2%

• Total voters

Elitzur–Vaidman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Unless if like my box which has only spare grills, which are unfortunately acoustically transparent.
@Elitzur–Vaidman This happend after fairly frequent use?
Yeah, it happened in my left iem and I already have pretty massive hearing loss in my left ear, so idk how long it took for me to notice the issue. But this was definitely after a few hundred hours of use.

mc.god

You're almost certainly correct, and I think I have a pair of spare filters from when I bought the reds. I'm on a trip right now, so I'll have to check when I get home.
My initial impression is that the zero 2 has better deep base but slightly recessed high mids. The reds have an overall more balanced tonality imo.
Zero 2 is actually on par with Red in the high mids area but due to the elevated bass it probably appears sucked out to you.

https://crinacle.com/graphs/iems/graphtool/?share=Zero2_S1,ZeroRed_S1&tool=4620

Red surely is more balanced, probably more similar to original 7Hz Zero if you don't mind the 12k peak.

ParadisDruid

Unfortunately, my pair's right side low end driver died last night. Bought from Shenzhen Audio ~3 months ago, I wonder if that qualifies for guarantee.

Edit: After further testing, I seems to me there's a dip at ~30 Hz, might need to test it further to verify. Unfortunately I have no means of doing an accurate SPL check on IEMs.

Last edited:

markanini

Major Contributor
I have ordered mine yesterday, but before they arrive, I think I might also order tips with some ear wax protection built in since I produce more than most people do. It's a genetic factor sadly. What do you guys think of those tips:

If they are worth it, what size would be perfect for the Zero:Red?
It seems the stem is a bit short on those, you may need to pad out the stem with o-rings to get a similar insertion distance. Nozzle diameter looks wrong on paper but more imortant is how flexible the stem is, that's how I'm able to use CP100L on mine.

Using the stock tips is not as bad when you can order replacement filters if they get clogged.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have ordered mine yesterday, but before they arrive, I think I might also order tips with some ear wax protection built in since I produce more than most people do. It's a genetic factor sadly. What do you guys think of those tips:

In terms of the IEM there is only one size- the various sizes offered are for the dome size, not the core that sits on the IEM nozzle. So depends on your ear canal size.

Not sure if that tip would fit easily on the very wide nozzle of the TE Zero- though others have had success fitting Spinfit tips with smaller cores than I would go for so you might be lucky.

Batenxx

Using the stock tips is not as bad when you can order replacement filters if they get clogged.
Is it possible to replace the filters on the Zero:RED?
Ear wax getting into the filters and ruining the entire device was always my biggest issue with in-ear headphones for the last 13+ years I've been using them. Which is also why I never bought ones above 30€, knowing that I'd have to throw them away in ~6 months due to the ear wax anyway.

Sukie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Is it possible to replace the filters on the Zero:RED?
Ear wax getting into the filters and ruining the entire device was always my biggest issue with in-ear headphones for the last 13+ years I've been using them. Which is also why I never bought ones above 30€, knowing that I'd have to throw them away in ~6 months due to the ear wax anyway.
It comes with replacement filters. It should just be a case of removing the old ones with precision tweezers. I haven't tried it myself, but maybe somebody else has?

asrUser

Just clean your ears and the inside of the eartips more often. I use a cotton bud, cut it in the middle and use the thin sides to remove ear wax from tips. When you store the IEMs back into the case, let the tips face the bottom so less dirt will go inside.

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Oh and by the way- https://store.azla.co.kr/collections/sednaearfit-series/products/sednaearfit-max-standard

Diameter of the bore that goes over the nozzle is 3.6mm . The Spinfit CP100 @markanini mentioned is 4.mm and that is almost too snug so I would say these Azla are a no go for the TE Zero.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
When having a shower direct the flow into your ear for a while, unless it’s it’s a super duper power shower then probably not advisable.

Or take a trip to India and have one of the ear cleaning wallahs dig about with a bit of wire……also not advisable, see pic below (not me in picture, I’m not daft)

156671126_a2af39c82b_o.jpg

asrUser

When having a shower direct the flow into your ear for a while, unless it’s it’s a super duper power shower then probably not advisable.
Better not to play doctor yourself. :eek:

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I always shower my ear lugs, you can tell when it hits the right angle to get in there but my shower is a Mira 9kw electric and not powerful at all.

asrUser

I don't like the sound with the impedance adapter as I think it makes them sound muddier and more congested. It's better to EQ a bit of bass shelf IMHO but I guess it's nice to have the option for sources you can't EQ.
I also think so. Oratory Target is a good start.

although I wish they would drop the stupid waifu art
Another one fearing the package. :D

mc.god

Due to a 15% off offer on some shenzen audio store products at amazon.it I finally ended up ordering Zero:RED
Already sure I'll like them a lot, probably on par with my Sonus, only concern is fitting, hope it'll be ok.

Batenxx

Has anyone tested them with the KZ AZ09 TWS Bluetooth Ear hook (https://kz-audio.com/kz-az09.html)? I know it comes with two variants, one has the type-B pins. But even those are supposedly too short and one needs to cut away some plastic. So I wonder if anyone has experience with this item.

markanini

Major Contributor
Has anyone tested them with the KZ AZ09 TWS Bluetooth Ear hook (https://kz-audio.com/kz-az09.html)? I know it comes with two variants, one has the type-B pins. But even those are supposedly too short and one needs to cut away some plastic. So I wonder if anyone has experience with this item.
Either are incompatible without modification or using some wonky adapter. I have TRN BT20XS, with 0.78 connectors, that's okay for a similar price.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom