• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Rate this IEM

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 73 12.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 495 82.2%

• Total voters

asrUser

I wonder what people who bought the Hexa are using? Same set up as the Zero?
What do you mean? Hexa and Zero are very different.

Docmoggy

Forum Donor
What do you mean? Hexa and Zero are very different.
I was asking the question. Unless you know the answer? Please let us know. Argh, just spotted a Hexa thread and it looks like a lot of debate going on about EQ etc... Gets quite involved. I guess for me, I'll let the ears work on differentiating and then mess about with EQ. Thanks chap.

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you so much for taking time out to compile this information. I think the other chap was trying to be helpful. I will try out this DSP and PEQ stuff!

I wonder what people who bought the Hexa are using? Same set up as the Zero?
Do you mean eq settings or equipment? The two models will sound different but shouldnt require different equipment.

They would however need different eq settings to reach the same target sound profile.

Docmoggy

Forum Donor
Do you mean eq settings or equipment? The two models will sound different but shouldnt require different equipment.

They would however need different eq settings to reach the same target sound profile.
I innocently asked a controversial question I think! I saw that Amir didn't recommend EQ for the Zero, so I just assumed that recommendation would carry over to the Hexa. I think what I might do is find out what my hearing is like for both channels and then try to get the most out of them with EQ! Thanks chap.

Wicky

I innocently asked a controversial question I think! I saw that Amir didn't recommend EQ for the Zero, so I just assumed that recommendation would carry over to the Hexa. I think what I might do is find out what my hearing is like for both channels and then try to get the most out of them with EQ! Thanks chap.
Not controversial, no. These headphones have different tunings. The Zero is tuned closer to the 'harman target' which is based on research that suggests is preferred by most people. It may well not be *your* preference. As you suggest you should judge for yourself, then of course you have the ability to 'tweak' with your own EQ should you wish.

In case you've not seen it, another thread on the hex here https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/truthear-hexa-iem.39793/

Docmoggy

Forum Donor
Not controversial, no. These headphones have different tunings. The Zero is tuned closer to the 'harman target' which is based on research that suggests is preferred by most people. It may well not be *your* preference. As you suggest you should judge for yourself, then of course you have the ability to 'tweak' with your own EQ should you wish.

In case you've not seen it, another thread on the hex here https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/truthear-hexa-iem.39793/
Thank you very much. However, it may be that for strictly IOS applications - PEQ might be severely limited from info that follows on below. WRT to the link, yes I am aware of this thread and there are a lot of technical forwards and backwards going on. I fancy doing one of those charts for my hearing - the Moggy chart!

asrUser

Thank you very much. However, it may be that for strictly IOS applications - PEQ might be severely limited from info that follows on below. WRT to the link, yes I am aware of this thread and there are a lot of technical forwards and backwards going on. I fancy doing one of those charts for my hearing - the Moggy chart!
I don't know how good solutions on iOS are. However if you buy a Qudelix 5k, you get a really great DSP/PEQ package with it. It's also cheaper than the Topping, but unfortunately doesn't bring 4,4 mm balanced. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...qudelix-5k-bluetooth-dac-headphone-amp.17386/

vitalii427

Forum Donor
I forgot about devices like Qudelix 5K or Fiio BTR7 if you don’t mind to carry one more device with you

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't know much about the Qudelix 5K .. Can it be used between an iPhone and the TCZ or any other wired headphones? How? BT from the Apple to the Qu5K then wired to the IEM/earphones?

Would like to be educated on this.

TIA

Peace.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@FrantzM you can do either iPhone->Bluetooth->Qudelix->wired IEM or iPhone->USB->Qudelix->wired IEM.
You can use the full range of DSP provided with both connections.
Thanks!!

just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-they-pull-me-back-in.gif

just ordered a Qudelix 5K.. You guys! :(

Peace.

jcarys

I bought the Truthear based on Amir's review as well as the thread comments. I've got to say that for $50 it's an amazing headphone. They are not perfect, in particular the bass bump is a bit much, so I have tamed it a bit with Wavelet. But the important thing is that you can go without EQ when you need to and get very good results. And they are light weight and good looking. These have immediately become my new preferred IEMs for workouts and running. I'm normally listening to rock or pop then, so these work great.

GaryH

Major Contributor
He says: These are the conditions for my study. My conditions differ from a different study. And my outcome is also different.
He doesn't say: My outcome is different because of different conditions.

Is that not clear?
Please just read the answers Oratory gives in the links I provide you (along with your own links):

I guess my question is whether the Harman IE target is actually still preferred over oratory1990's Usound target when in a quiet environment?
if you test a large enough number of listeners then yes, the Harman Target will come out on top (although not by far).

But is Usound designed for noisy environments?
the usound target takes Harman's research into account but applies its findings outside lab-conditions.
When the listening tests were performed in the presence of background noise (1), listeners preferred more bass. The usound target incorporates that.

markanini

Major Contributor
Please just read the answers Oratory gives in the links I provide you (along with your own links):
Lets me ask you this, if you could put a figure on it, how many percent of a target curve do you believe should accommodate user error/bad fit?

asrUser

Top Bottom