• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 13 3.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 326 84.5%

• Total voters

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Keep in mind many laptops headphone outputs have out Z of 75 Ohms or higher.
I'm waiting them to clarify but I am pretty sure they mean they plugged back with 3.5mm into the laptop after the free DSP and didn't have the bass they had with that combo initially.

mc.god

Seems like yuo inverted the phase on one channel, but with hooked cable I assume it's highly improbable.
Did you try reconnecting Red with FreeDsp to the laptop? If the bass come back then the drivers are ok.

Keep in mind many laptops headphone outputs have out Z of 75 Ohms or higher.
But with higher impedance he should get more bass, if anything...

mc.god

There's no contradiction, he says freedsp has less bass than PC, that follows the output impedance of each device.
my bad, I should learn to read carefully, I understood he switched the Freedsp to the phone and had the problem using the Reds with analog cable on the laptop :facepalm:

Elitzur–Vaidman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Is it easy to blow those drivers? I mean i have zero bass right now, after using the FreeDSP cable once without playing any kind stupid levels. My 10y old sony headphone that came for free with an old android phone deliver more bass than those truthears...
I had an issue a while back where my left earbud lost most of its output power (particularly bass). I thought it might have been earwax clogging the filter, but even after removing it the volume issue persists. I don't think you blew the drivers without a powerful amp, but there seems to be something that can fail.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
my bad, I should learn to read carefully, I understood he switched the Freedsp to the phone and had the problem using the Reds with analog cable on the laptop :facepalm:
@markanini too

They did. Initially pllenty of bass from laptop with 3.5mm, used free DSP, no bass (so far, so good, likely impedance difference) but now no bass in any configuration including back to 3.5mm with laptop. So it's either connection issue, user error, some DSP somewhere mucking things up or both side bass drivers have died. Read second sentence and subsequent posts from them.

Impossible for anyone here to say which without some awfully protracted confusing dialog.

Top Bottom