• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Toss Up? Mcintosh MC3500mkii vs. MC451 vs MC 901

StyxRogan

Upgraded front end of my system to Beauty and n The Beast. Which Mcintosh amp should I get to drive Kef Blade One Meta? Currently using MC462
McIntosh C12000.jpg

Attachments

• blade one meta.jpg
    blade one meta.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Since you are running dual tubes, you may not need to switch from the Mc462 which was so over engineered that it probably is still a great choice for your KEF’s.

We are pretty measurement focused here, even for those of us who like tubes and vinyl along with our DSP optimized ruler flat designs.

Have you thought about investing in some measurement gear? No one has seen measurements on these and it would be interesting to see.

steve59

Major Contributor
Bump, curious what you did? Since buying my mc611’s and c49 I got to hear the MA352 drive a pair of Dali Epikore 11’s and it was only using 2 watts to play at satisfying levels. The MC611’s are between .6 and 6 watts!

Top Bottom