• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

This guy is in the wrong business / Audiophile Reviewing Industry ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
When YouTube started, it was a way for people to post fun personal or instructional videos, not as a means of making money.

It was inevitable. Especially since Google was involved almost from the beginning. Everything is advertisement these days. No wonder people have trouble discerning bullshit from honesty, when it's all they've ever known.

Haflermichi

Lets' not forget the middle word of this site.
Science is about the "TRUTH".
Proven, repeatable, emperical evidence.

Whether we present it politely or rudely some people can't handle the truth.
Some people refuse to accept the truth.

The truth can be brutal.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Also by highlighting these articles and individuals we are giving them exposure and ironically promoting them.

It's all about views , hits etc

If you want to combat folks like this best thing to do is give them no attention.
I had seen this last night, and refrained from posting about it for just this reason..... didn't want to give him exposure.

Southall-1998

Lets' not forget the middle word of this site.
Science is about the "TRUTH".
Proven, repeatable, emperical evidence.

Whether we present it politely or rudely some people can't handle the truth.
Some people refuse to accept the truth.

The truth can be brutal.

Spot on. There are many audiophools out there living in a blue-pilled world.

S.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
that bozo lost me at "This company only advertisers in one..."

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If he was good enough at his job, he'd be more popular and attract advertisers and views to make money. Tiniest violin in the world.

YouTube, twitch, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites are garbage. Like garbage, there are some things of value mixed in with the refuse, but it's generally not worth it to sort.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I find the whole Instagram, YouTube etc phenomenon rather distasteful. When YouTube started, it was a way for people to post fun personal or instructional videos, not as a means of making money. The whole 'influencers' and reality TV business stinks, people who get large amounts of money without any talent for doing anything other than being outrageous.

When somebody can make $500,000 for being a tourist, whilst scientists have to struggle for funding for important research indicates there's something wrong with our sense of values.

S.
I'm also continuously baffled people watch this crap in large numbers, how do they have the time and the patience.

peanuts

i tried to watch some of Pewdiepie`s videos, i have no idea how he made 106 million subscribers

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
I think pandemics can do that to people, including audio reviewers. ...Honest or not.
It's about money ...

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

I feel the guy's pain, in a way. I’ve done a few reviews, and they do indeed take a lot of time. It didn’t take long to figure out they were a wasted effort. You spend all this time working up a piece on the current “hot” item, and in a couple of years no one cares about it anymore because something else is “hot.” As a result, the reviews I’ve done have seen a fraction of the views compared to some of the technical pieces I’ve done.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

blackmetalboon

Simon Price is fairly well know in the UK forums, unfortunately, for all the wrong reasons. He has been banned, sometimes more than once, from all of them. He does have a habit of throwing his toys out of the pram when he doesn’t get his own way or is challenged on his views.

@Thomas savage fell free to edit/delete the following, while it is open knowledge, it is a sensitive subject.

Simon has openly talked on UK forums about his battles with mental health issues. On one forum there was some serious concern about his wellbeing after a serious meltdown.
After reading his latest post, this appears to be showing the signs of another low point for him, he loves his music and hifi, so the failing of his dream vocation is probably hurting.

I would urge that anyone that feels like leaving a negative comment on his site shows some restraint and hopefully will do the same in this thread to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom