• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

This guy is in the wrong business / Audiophile Reviewing Industry ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

North_Sky

Major Contributor
He needs a new job, adapt with the new normal, get out there and work his ass off, instead of doing nothing with his life ... a parasite.

220px-Turn_coordinator_-_coordinated.png

https://www.13thnote.net/2020/07/25/the-fckd-up-nature-of-the-audiophile-audio-industry/

ta240

Major Contributor
Wow, I didn't make it through the entire thing but crying because companies won't pay him for good reviews is a unique thing to go public with.

Patrick1958

Forum Donor
Instead of being an objective place this forum is becoming more of a place to put people to shame.

Patrick1958

Forum Donor
Respect isn't politeness, it's earned. If you think such brazenness and entitlement doesn't deserve mockery, I wonder what does.[/QUOTE
This seems to becoming the attitude these days, ever questioned if you and others are nothing more than bullies?
I'm having serious problem understanding why the majority of members on this forum (while being bullied out of several fora) are just displaying the same attitude here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Respect isn't politeness, it's earned. If you think such brazenness and entitlement doesn't deserve mockery, I wonder what does.
True but it's still kinda negative and these threads come across as being self-congratulatory .

Not a enviable trait .

q3cpma

Major Contributor
True but it's still kinda negative and comes acro as being self-congratulatory .

Not a enviable trait .
Well, there's a fine line between a laugh and an obsession. Just hope this thread doesn't continue, because there's only so many ways to roast him without looking repetitive.
Wouldn't have posted here, normally, but I saw someone being wrong and as an Internet Reality Check Police (TM) officer, I had to do my job.

PSO

Forum Donor
The writer can work in the marketing team of an audio gear manufacturer/retailer. That way, he will have a defined goal, agreed upon by him and the company. Companies only pay entities (excluding employees) from whom they derive (or see the potential to derive) some benefit/growth.

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
He needs a new job, adapt with the new normal, get out there and work his ass off, instead of doing nothing with his life ... a parasite.

220px-Turn_coordinator_-_coordinated.png

https://www.13thnote.net/2020/07/25/the-fckd-up-nature-of-the-audiophile-audio-industry/

Ironic that there are many Youtube'ers making serious money solely off their videos. I was floored to find out that a guy who basically wanders around Asia acting like a typical patronizing, racist, ugly foreign tourist makes $500,000 a year off of it.

Reactions: PSO

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
What kind of world does he think, he's living in? Openly paying reviewers for positive publicity would be financial suicide. Not a single customer would ever trust you again :D

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I find the whole Instagram, YouTube etc phenomenon rather distasteful. When YouTube started, it was a way for people to post fun personal or instructional videos, not as a means of making money. The whole 'influencers' and reality TV business stinks, people who get large amounts of money without any talent for doing anything other than being outrageous.

When somebody can make $500,000 for being a tourist, whilst scientists have to struggle for funding for important research indicates there's something wrong with our sense of values.

S.

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
We could say the same when Facebook started ... and Twitter.
From family to ruling the world ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom