• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

There went the last lingering threat of my respect for this outfit…

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm going to be awake dreaming about and lusting after one of these with all that technology! At least they kept the waxing on about the build to stuff that is understandable and not in weird terminology and stuff that means absolutely nothing in physics terms. :D I perused the iFi website and yes, it is shameful that a company with the offerings it has went as low as power cord/cable hype. Despicable!

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Mine has moar coil so moar better

2022-01-11_11-05-27.jpg

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
You had better place your gear in the exact position from the wall socket or this perfect geometric form will be wrapped around my neck by my Wife when she sees me installing something like this! Bloody Hell. The insanity has no limits. We should all immediately try to go insane because these brainless crazies have all the money. :oops:

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What I find interesting is they only claim it improves sound once, it's in a completely vague way, and it's at the bottom of the page. Seems like unlike most snake oil companies, they listen to their lawyers.

You'd think that at $899 they could afford to spend more than $250 on renderings though, yuck. I've done better work for 1/5 of what one of these cables costs.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Short38

I think something like this assembly will put the iFi SupaQuasar line to shame. Electron flow (both volume and direction) can be easily controlled via the dual valve controls. Note that there are multiple bleed valve connections as safety releases for ultra high power amplifiers.
IMG_1198.jpeg

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm going to be awake dreaming about and lusting after one of these with all that technology! At least they kept the waxing on about the build to stuff that is understandable and not in weird terminology and stuff that means absolutely nothing in physics terms. :D I perused the iFi website and yes, it is shameful that a company with the offerings it has went as low as power cord/cable hype. Despicable!
Yeah, after I sold my iCan Pro amp, I kinda regretted it..... after seeing this, I don't anymore to be honest, lol.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, after I sold my iCan Pro amp, I kinda regretted it..... after seeing this, I don't anymore to be honest, lol.
I wonder if it was the iCan president of sales or the iCan bean counter that determined these would be sold?

Galliardist

Major Contributor
They don't tell us at any point on the linked page that the cable will affect the sound of your system. The perfect non-sequiteur.

Even if it is "endgame": at the end of most games, somebody loses.

Top Bottom