• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

There went the last lingering threat of my respect for this outfit…

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hmmz... It's different.
zz Screenshot 2023-06-30 183800.png

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
To h*ll with the laws of physics. I'm buying one!
In the spirit of James Dean*+ -- The laws of physics are made to be broken.

On topic: Is it shaped like that? Might make system integration a trifle tricky.

SupaQuasar-1a-1024x664.jpg

MacClintock

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Up to now I thought of iFi as a not high class, but still reasonable brand with a lot of ok performing products. Now I need to revise this.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
IIRC a co-founder of iFi is a member here but only defends the nonsense up to a point?

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
"Geometrically balanced endgame active power cable"

I quite honestly had to read this a few times and I have actively come to the decsion that I hate whoever came up with this and the company who makes this.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Don't buy that one unless you want thin and shrill sounding music.

Top Review:

View attachment 296031
The plot thickens.
As that is certainly a shill negative review.

And the key. If everyone purchased and then returned this. How long could ifi sustain the loses? This is something to consider, though with these likely enormous profit margins they can likely still win the battle.

D

Deleted member 48726

This is me, laying down the power cable for my new amp.

1688190559090.png

And the finished result. Almost. Waiting for the agitator truck to pour the concrete.. Just crossing my fingers no new and more resolving cables will come out for the next many years.

1688190719371.png

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
A 10 foot clothes dryer cable is ~$100 for the really good'n expensive ones.
Doodski, you beat me to it again! I was going to post that they had reinvented Belden's basic cable that costs around $1 a foot. You are too fast more my old typing fingers! LOL

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It’s a bargain at $500. Most end-game power cables are at least 10x that!
But is it end game? Once you hear all the uhm, stuff this one can do, you'll just want an even more expensive one!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Such a weird company with an inexplicable mix of decently engineered and pure snake oil products.
Maybe the snake oil profits support the engineering NRE.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is me, laying down the power cable for my new amp.

View attachment 296043

And the finished result. Almost. Waiting for the agitator truck to pour the concrete.. Just crossing my fingers no new and more resolving cables will come out for the next many years.

View attachment 296044
You won't need to replace the cable but audiophile concrete cannot be far away so resign yourself to digging up the floor at some point.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You won't need to replace the cable but audiophile concrete cannot be far away so resign yourself to digging up the floor at some point.
Exactly. Everyone knows that regular concrete has ferromagnetism, which ruins the soundstage. Or something.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Exactly. Everyone knows that regular concrete has ferromagnetism, which ruins the soundstage. Or something.
Just needs a bit of blue-sky thinking.

I can write the review now:

'I was initially sceptical that the 'Supa-Concrete' could improve the sound of my system but once it had dried out and I'd moved the equipment back in, from the first few bars of Diana Krall's ' The Girl In The Other Room' I knew this was a game-changer... etc (cont page 93)

Top Bottom