• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 280 58.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 174 36.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

Eric Alexander

Audio Company
I'd love to see one of you [this is an invitation] actually construct a healthy dialog that leads to a productive outcome. Again, here's my side of things...

Amir Majidimehr of Audio Science Review published flawed measurements placing my work and abilities in a false light.

The FACTS are Amir Majidimehr refuses to suspend or modify his unsolicited review of my work as of April 10th, 2024. Amir measured our loudspeaker from the wrong angle and he published a flawed frequency response and step response. The correct listening axis for this loudspeaker is directly on-axis [an entirely different angle] with the 8” woofer. The result is a much better frequency response than Amir is publicly conveying and an ideal step response; a step response that reflects the speaker is ‘time-aligned’. Amir's impedance measurement is also flawed and reflects the supplied feet were not used and with no provisions to plug four 1/4 - 20 threaded inserts resulting in him publishing a flawed impedance measurement, flawed distortion measurements, flawed cumulative spectral decay, and lowered bass output in the frequency response measurements due to internal cabinet pressure losses.

Amir’s picture of the Mini Lore reflects the speaker in the air (6 inches off the ground) with no feet being used to maintain proper internal cabinet pressure. His picture also reflects a sun bleached woofer calling into question just how old this speaker might be. The Mini Lore has been in production for 15 years and the speaker he’s using looks visually compromised.

Amir Majidimehr's fumbled measurements caused him to draw conclusions that produced false narratives regarding our loudspeakers performance and my work.

The Mini Lore has a solid cabinet containing internal bracing within; when you see a resonance that big at 180Hz there’s only one logical explanation… there must be a hole or a hidden cavity in the cabinet. Amir failed to discern this. Amir failed to plug the threaded inserts in the bottom of the cabinet and the result cast a negative light on the speaker. Why do we use threaded inserts with a hole through the cabinet? To make it more versatile for isolation feet and outriggers and to allow for the speaker to be perfectly leveled.

In my opinion, Amir Majidimehr should have been more amiable to suspending or modifying his review when I informed him weeks back there were problems.

I feel blindsided by Amir Majidimehr. I believe he owes me a personal and a public apology. I believe Amir Majidimehr should be doing everything in his power to rectify this problem.

Respectfully,
Eric Alexander
Audio Designer
President
Tekton Design, LLC

HeadDoc12

Forum Donor
Amir Majidimehr of Audio Science Review published flawed measurements placing my work and abilities in a false light.

The FACTS are Amir Majidimehr refuses to suspend or modify his unsolicited review of my work as of April 10th, 2024. Amir measured our loudspeaker from the wrong angle and he published a flawed frequency response and step response. The correct listening axis for this loudspeaker is directly on-axis [an entirely different angle] with the 8” woofer. The result is a much better frequency response than Amir is publicly conveying and an ideal step response; a step response that reflects the speaker is ‘time-aligned’. Amir's impedance measurement is also flawed and reflects the supplied feet were not used and with no provisions to plug four 1/4 - 20 threaded inserts resulting in him publishing a flawed impedance measurement, flawed distortion measurements, flawed cumulative spectral decay, and lowered bass output in the frequency response measurements due to internal cabinet pressure losses.

Amir’s picture of the Mini Lore reflects the speaker in the air (6 inches off the ground) with no feet being used to maintain proper internal cabinet pressure. His picture also reflects a sun bleached woofer calling into question just how old this speaker might be. The Mini Lore has been in production for 15 years and the speaker he’s using looks visually compromised.

Amir Majidimehr's fumbled measurements caused him to draw conclusions that produced false narratives regarding our loudspeakers performance and my work.

The Mini Lore has a solid cabinet containing internal bracing within; when you see a resonance that big at 180Hz there’s only one logical explanation… there must be a hole or a hidden cavity in the cabinet. Amir failed to discern this. Amir failed to plug the threaded inserts in the bottom of the cabinet and the result cast a negative light on the speaker. Why do we use threaded inserts with a hole through the cabinet? To make it more versatile for isolation feet and outriggers and to allow for the speaker to be perfectly leveled.

In my opinion, Amir Majidimehr should have been more amiable to suspending or modifying his review when I informed him weeks back there were problems.

I feel blindsided by Amir Majidimehr. I believe he owes me a personal and a public apology. I believe Amir Majidimehr should be doing everything in his power to rectify this problem.

Respectfully,
Eric Alexander
Audio Designer
President
Tekton Design, LLC
Man, is every mirror in your home from a funhouse? You are so very clearly a stupid, ignorant, arrogant, deluded, narcissistic man-child. Clearly, you finally accepted some help writing a coherent statement (after a ridiculous amount of time (Why the delay? If you’re so knowledgeable, why not say all this at the beginning?) and MANY requests to do so), but you STILL have ZERO proof - or even evidence - of anything you say. If you think your brand is being damaged in the eyes of ASR readers, then THIS would be the place to address it - not in a hypothetical, forthcoming video. Do you think this statement somehow magically erases all of your previous attacks? I am torn as to which is the most laughably false part of your letter here: all the pseudoscientific hand-waving, or the choice of “respectfully” in your sign-off, as if you have ANY understanding of the meaning of the word. Oh wait, I know what the funniest part is - where you call yourself an “Audio Designer!” HILARIOUS!
Worshipfully,
The Prime Minister of the Solar System

DSJR

Major Contributor
Hmmm. Roger Russell acquired the first anechoic chamber at McIntosh Labs in 1972 and built a very large walk-in chamber in 1978.

Are the 70's long enough ago to be "old school?"

And they had analyzers for measuring spectra long before that. Some of these would trace spectra out on moving chart paper--that's about as fancy as test gear gets even by today's standards, in comparison with just screwing stuff together in one's garage. There's no question that, for example, Henry Kloss measured the spectra of his his various driver designs (at least) as he was trying out different materials. If Advent speakers aren't old-school, then I suddenly I feel younger. And he learned it from Vilchur.

Fun? Yeah. His responses have been a barrel of laughs.

Rick "multi-tweeter speakers were used back in the day in disco speakers because no one tweeter could drive high enough SPL" Denney
Fun - as in a funky starter system using more basic separates gear from the periods I mentioned...

I started reading Hi Fi Sound magazine (a once popular UK rag) in 1967 at the grand old age of ten! Plenty of Hirst-labs 'anechoic' speaker tests done back then with minimal comments added, mostly concerning the objective side and how in not wonderful cases (Celestion Ditton 25's from I think 1972 with two bass drivers [one an ABR I think] and twin HF1300 tweeters with I believe an HF2000 'super tweeter' causing lobing and 'muddle' in the sound I remember) - pic from eBay UK...

1712756511851.jpeg
scan0019.jpg

HeadDoc12

Forum Donor
It's sad to see tough guys play the 'unduly sensitive' card all day long. The facts are we are all like minded music lovers with mutual interests. Hurling insults and ad hominem attack's all day long is juvenile, boring, and non-productive.
Well, you would know! This entire matter is due to YOUR insults and ad hominem attacks, you giant baby.

JayGilb

Major Contributor

Respectfully,
Eric Alexander
Audio Designer
President
Tekton Design, LLC
Dear Mr. Alexander,

I was wondering if you could give some insight into your design process and what tools you use when designing and measuring your speakers ?

Best Regards.

TimVG

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Respectfully,
Eric Alexander
Audio Designer
President
Tekton Design, LLC
It's all very well saying this now, but why didn't you reach out and allow Amir to re calculate using the methodology you have just given here?

Same with Erin, why not just explain the parameters in a amicable communication and then ask him to redo in the manner in which you designed them to be used?

Pretty sure both would have happily taken these points and then ammended their test methodology given the required parameters that you the designer intended. Seems absolutely insane to effectively try to bully and discredit people rather than reach an understanding. It's likely not too late, I'm no businessman, but surely extending an olive branch and extended an invitation to solve any claimed errors would be the best thing for your company. Funny thing is, Erin's review actually was pretty good to your company, he praised the paintwork and overall quality. Yeah, so they didn't measure 100% flat and he said so, but lots of speakers don't measure flat and sell extremely well and even sound great. This whole debacle is more damaging than any measurements could ever be, why not end this all by reaching out and cooperating?

The longer this drags though the worse it gets, maybe try and turn this into something good, would likely serve you well make a peace and maybe even a friendship and cooperation with actual reviewer's over influencers.

It's sad to see tough guys play the 'unduly sensitive' card all day long. The facts are we are all like minded music lovers with mutual interests. Hurling insults and ad hominem attack's all day long is juvenile, boring, and non-productive.
You started this.

Don't try to pull this nonsense "we are all x and y". No, we are clearly not like minded.

You accuse people without proof, while saying there is proof, the proof is obvious and doubtless, yet is absolutely never presented. Too bad that there are people who aren't willing to take your word blindly, huh?

Your lack of self-awareness is outright offensive to me. I personally am tired of conducting myself in a polite way towards such a blatantly dishonest individual as yourself.

Edit: I've made some level headed edits, it is wrong to accuse someone of gaslighting over the internet outright, even if it is patently (get it?) obvious, after all.

Last edited:

Somafunk

Major Contributor

Send Amir a new speaker with feet and how you’d like it to measured and I’m sure Amir would be accommodating in redoing the klippel scans.

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'd love to see one of you [this is an invitation] actually construct a healthy dialog that leads to a productive outcome. Again, here's my side of things...

I don't think that's going to happen until you provide some data, ideally data that was gathered prior to Oct 16, 2023!

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is it not possible to recalculate with the old data given a new reference point or are you to place the speakers on the klippel stand again ?

HeadDoc12

Forum Donor

Respectfully,
Eric Alexander
Audio Designer
President
Tekton Design, LLC
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Uh oh, did somebody’s lawyer finally talk some sense into him? This is the equivalent of a bully in the Principal’s office offering a handshake to the person he has been victimizing for months. ZERO sincerity. You are a coward, like all bullies, and are trying to backpedal on all the inaccurate, actionable things you said. Since everyone here is smarter than you, we see right through it.

Last edited:

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Send Amir a new speaker with feet and how you’d like it to measured and I’m sure Amir would be accommodating in redoing the klippel scans.
Wait hold on!! I think there needs to be an independent overseer to this review to satiate Mr. Alexander's frivolous claims that the speaker was not measured accurately. Besides redoing a measurement according to a manufacturer's specifications, muddles the validity of measurement.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Agreed. Now provide the data or kindly take a seat.

Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
The correct Mini Lore measurements will be published on the Tekton Design website and contained within YouTube video we're producing; any of you will then be able post them up here.
e.t.a. ?

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't know if that is true. but I do hope that you realize it is your fumbled response to reviews that is creating all this headache for you. You could have chosen to be happy over insisting you are right at all costs - but for a reason you don't seem to be interested in that.

Even with this message you had the opportunity to calm things down a bit, gain some sympahy, but fascinatingly, you chose not to - and instead you are speaking in internet forum goer tone rather than that of a business owner.

Since this is the internet, let me offer some unsolicited advise.

Even if your claims about measurement errors turns out to be correct, and Amir and Erin "update" their reviews with the correct data, you are not going to come out of this looking good. I think the best case scenario for you now is to be known as "not a bad speaker designer, but a total pain in the ass to deal with" - and that can not be good for business.

In my experience Chief Engineer or Head of Product Design would rarely, if ever, be on the succession plan for the CEO, unless they are one of the founders. One of the reasons why might be because those roles require totally different skills and capabilities to being able to solve engineering problems. I genuinely think you should consider stepping down from your role as CEO, give the role of representing your company to someone who is actually good at it asap so that they can help you sail through these turbulent times with minimum damage, and focus on your role as Chief Designer. You are too much vested in the technical details and are failing to see the big picture here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom