• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 284 58.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 176 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Mini Lore is merely "extremely linear." Some of his other models are "perfectly linear.*"

*don't ask for measurements, and don't think too hard about what the word perfectly really means.

Could be the first actual quantum speaker: in linear/non-linear superposition until measured.

Katzz

Erici, Understand that Amir claims to an "electrical engineer by degree and hobby". He's an electrical engineer. Loudspeakers are electro-acoustic devices and the moment the 'electricity' passes the voice coil in a loudspeaker he's [Amir] working in the realm of acoustical physics, and entirely different branch of physics. Can you see where I'm going here...??
Since you seem to care a lot about the degree a reviewer has, can you tell us the degree held by other people who have been making reviews of your speakers? For example Gutenberg and Jay?

Last edited:

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Do I need to be a Nobel Laurate to operate a test rig from and in accordance to test procedures provided by Klippel?

Ohhh now I get the playbook here: Somebody has a beef with Klippel and he's aiming his sights on the users because he jolly well know he can't build any legal case worth a pittance against Klippel itself.

Last edited:

D!sco

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I would love to see the tekton linear speaker design cookbook. Anyone else? Methods of measurement, crossover explanations, driver placement and distance. Hardware, software, literally anything. If there’s a time, it’s now.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just see a lot of misdirection and misinformation coming from @Eric Alexander and a lot of foot in the mouth quotes.

King3567

This thread actually is reminding me of why I am happy that ASR exists, and that Amir spends so much time doing this work. In some hypothetical scenario where Amir (or other) measures some speaker that I like a lot, and it measures poorly, and he gives a bad subjective review - at least its a consistent process with a clear technique and success metric. It is hard for me still after several years of reading to understand the reaction from people to Amir's results. This website and Amir's work give us a baseline. I used to work with no baseline at all. I would have to read reviews from people who had absolutely no objective criteria at all for their evaluation. I am glad that I don't have to try and decide what I want based on reviewers subjective intuitions. How is that somehow better?

Any person who prefers those more subjective reviews is more than welcome to seek them out, they are everywhere. The fact that the community on ASR has grown so rapidly shows that there are many people like myself who prefer having quantitative data to make decisions. We are all big music fans and committed to spending in some cases big bucks on gear. This thread has enlightened me at least a bit on that point.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Last week there was a heated discussion about Erin's motives and possible bias in his subjective comments. This week we are trying to save his ass from Eric, the boogeyman.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
i have family in the legal profession and the reality is that if someone has filed against this site the recommendation from your counsel would be to avoid coming back to a site you intend to sue...

by coming back you are poisoning your own case

but hey.... i dont have 40yrs in the grift trade so...

this is a 'please proceed governor' situation

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I went all-in on my investments in popcorn.
Buttered or not ?

Last week there was a heated discussion about Erin's motives and possible bias in his subjective comments.
No idea about that Ron, I haven't seen it.

But an attack like this against the objective review community is something we have to take seriously
and stand together against.
JMHO

ta240

Major Contributor
i have family in the legal profession and the reality is that if someone has filed against this site the recommendation from your counsel would be to avoid coming back to a site you intend to sue...

by coming back you are poisoning your own case

but hey.... i dont have 40yrs in the grift trade so...

this is a 'please proceed governor' situation
I actually ended a conversation with a person in the past that said they were going to sue the company with "Then we are done here, I will wait to hear from your attorney and forward it to ours" They stuttered and sputtered and that was it.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I actually ended a conversation with a person in the past that said they were going to sue the company with "Then we are done here, I will wait to hear from your attorney and forward it to ours" They stuttered and sputtered and that was it.
I've been threatened with the same and I simply said, "Fly @ it!" and terminated the relationship.

ta240

Major Contributor
Last week there was a heated discussion about Erin's motives and possible bias in his subjective comments. This week we are trying to save his ass from Eric, the boogeyman.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. I'm guessing Erin will come out of this much more well known online and, in reality, I don't think the Tekton speakers appeal to the measurement crowd anyways.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. I'm guessing Erin will come out of this much more well known online and, in reality, I don't think the Tekton speakers appeal to the measurement crowd anyways.

and this is a 100% valid way out

there's heaps of companies who dont believe in measurements and they sell on the 'vibe'

but his isnt this guy's modus operandi

he CLEARLY stated the measurements are WRONG... and even if they were it seems Erin (and Amir) arent suitable people to interpret the numbers

he HAS the right numbers but he wont show you his mathematical workings... which doesnt fly in primary school lol...

its full on a Linus "trust me bro" moment... and now its lawyers at 12 paces

Pinkynator

Quick summary:

"My quantum mechanics teleport anti-gravity time travel perpetual motion machine does work and you measured and used it incorrectly! That was an unsolicited use of my machine! That's a fact! Once the self-produced zero-point-current goes through the unobtainium core, it's not electricity any more, it's woo, a completely different branch of physics!

I'm going to produce a video with a floating airborne plesiosaurus that teleports to the Moon and back and also powers a small town with clean electricity!"

solderdude

Grand Contributor
we have different tastes in music, listening levels, equipment opinions, and we each have a unique and individual HRTF [head-related transfer function];
Can one really file a law suit about 'different tastes in music, listening levels, equipment opinions, and we each have a unique and individual HRTF' ?

the perfect loudspeaker doesn't exist and cannot be produced.
Indeed, there are many that sound good under the circumstances mentioned above.
With speakers the room and all situations within it and even used equipment change a lot of what is applied to the connectors, let alone the preference of the listener.

Obviously you take offense to the usage of the Klippel NFS and/or the way it is used.
How about you showing your Klippel or other anechoic (or not anechoic) measurements showing the measurements done by Amir/Erin are incorrect ?

I get the feet thingy. I also understand the need to use them. What I don't understand is the omission of some sealing cap over the nuts so when they aren't inserted there is no leakage.
Of course, when you remind people and know you did, give them a chance to re-measure with feet and even show what happens when they are accidentally or purposely omitted. The latter is something you could even show. Why is there no such info ?

When you don't agree with the measurements ... show how they should measure (with a test report, not a loud mouth)
When you don't agree with subjective findings .... then... just accept that:
Sound is subjective... we have different tastes in music, listening levels, equipment opinions, and we each have a unique and individual HRTF [head-related transfer function]

And ... when you are all about 'honesty' why not post your measurements that show the mini Lore is indeed 'extremely linear':
index.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom