• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (TV)

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Thread Notice:

Multiple posts deleted and a warning issued. Go back to page 1, post #11 where a Thread Notice was posted. If you can’t stop yourself from making offensive comments maybe your at the wrong place. We don’t want to close this thread. Any further violations will result in a immediate Forum Ban.

Please and thank you for your understanding.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Andysu

Major Contributor
i threw puked up at seeing clip . get this abomination cash cow grab out of my face . TOS originals only . just another jar jar abrams style trash with lens flares in it .

no-reaction.gif

Last edited:

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Ok, I'm pretty much continuing to enjoy this version of Star Trek. Production values are good also which isn't something the franchise has always managed. Much of the original series contained morality plays and fables so that's not jarring. Very similar vibe to the original (for me who only saw reruns, obviously).

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I really enjoyed the season finale episode, best yet IMHO
And BTW I've enjoyed most all.

Hipocrates

I really liked it!! I was tired of those formats that use an ok story and stretch it to 10 or 13 episodes. And I found the characters likable and fun, nicely done!

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Really looking forward to a Season 2 !

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor
Rented a beach house last week for vacation that had Paramount Plus. Watched some Picard, Discovery, and Strange New Worlds. Got back and started P+ trial at home. First season Picard good, second - not great. Discovery - 2 episodes, then SNW's took over- great show! Just finished the pirate episode.... Ironic that the original Pilot Captain Pike is finally getting some TV screen time- very cool.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, unless season 2 episode 2 is a big improvement over episode 1, I guess they've ruined another show. Thought the new opener for season 2 was ridiculous and stupid for multiple reasons.

Pretty much in complete agreement with this review here. It has mild spoilers.

Andysu

Major Contributor
which one is kirk and spock as Magic and Bear fight it out , Bear left a mess of fur on the carpet

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Well, unless season 2 episode 2 is a big improvement over episode 1, I guess they've ruined another show. Thought the new opener for season 2 was ridiculous and stupid for multiple reasons.

It was a pile of steaming crap. Like they tried to make it Bad.

charleski

Major Contributor

It's good to know that in the future the act of disobeying a direct order, stealing a fantastically-expensive piece of military hardware and jeopardising the lives of your crew, all just to go help a friend who's in a spot of trouble, will only result in a slap on the wrist. The Captain Dobey reference was pretty spot-on. Maybe one of these days the writers will come up with a script that can't be boiled down to 'a bunch of teenagers (or adults acting like teenagers) save the day by Sticking It to The Man'.

Top Bottom