• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PC speaker and Subwoofer advice

Narsil

Hey, I've been using the same $10 PC speaker and 'subwoofer' set on my PC for 20 years. I mostly just use it for playing video games, but lately I've been desiring to hear more bass out of my games. Like, when the ground shakes in a game, it would be cool if I could 'feel' it more. I remember I used to have a surround set with a big sub on my TV in my old apartment, and I remember the coolest part of it was when I watched old episodes of Star Trek The Next Generation, I could 'feel' the rumble of the ship, and was hoping I could accomplish the same on my PC in games?

My computer is an old HP Z420, so it's just got basic Realtek High Definition Audio on-board audio. I thought maybe I needed something that connected with USB to give the speakers more channel to work with, but I think I'm wrong on that, everything I find on Amazon is 3.5, whenever I search USB, all that does is give me 'USB powered' which I don't think I want, I assume the bass I'm looking for will need more power.

Any recommendations, or just general advice would be appreciated greatly. I don't have a budget at this point, I am pretty cheap, but comments like 'you won't get what you're looking for for under X dollars' would be very helpful as well. Thanks in advance :)

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Soundblaster X Katana is a ridiculous $89 from the factory B-Stock with 90 day warranty. It comes with a sound bar and subwoofer and plugs in with USB.
It'll be a big upgrade from 20 year old desktop budget speakers, and those are pretty easy to setup since it comes with everything. They MSRP at $299 so its good value for the money.

OP
N

Narsil

The Soundblaster X Katana is a ridiculous $89 from the factory B-Stock with 90 day warranty. It comes with a sound bar and subwoofer and plugs in with USB.
It'll be a big upgrade from 20 year old desktop budget speakers, and those are pretty easy to setup since it comes with everything. They MSRP at $299 so its good value for the money.
That's exactly the kind of recommendation I was looking for, thanks so much!!!

staticV3

Master Contributor
The Nommo V2 Pro may also be worth a look.

ASR member @Dreborn seemed to really like it:

Keith_W

Major Contributor
If you want to feel the rumble, it is easier to get it from a bass shaker. Screw it into your chair, hook it up to your PC, and you're done. Huge bass you can feel.

Top Bottom