• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (TV)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I guess it helps if the showrunners don’t have to invent the storylines themselves.. remember the last season of GOT :facepalm:
It´s a followup from The man who fell to earth staring David Bowie in the 70ties. Don´t know how much he had to came up with this story line.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can barely watch any TV now. It is (to me) all so woke I want to puke. I just can't take it as it encourages extreme stupidity. But that is only my opinion. The gulf between me and under 40 people is like talking to people from a different planet. They don't seem to know any history and can't make any moral judgement calls at all. But, I'm still very nice and polite in my interactions. The old saying is so true, you can't fight everyone all the time. I now concentrate on being as happy as I can be. Life is too short to be miserable.
I rarely watch any TV that was made after about 1990. Fiction that is. Just no entertainment value at all - bad acting, terrible dialogue, and recycled plots where you can work out the twist ten minutes in. There's the odd exception like 'The Sopranos' of course.

Was stuck in a hotel last month, only had Freeview. Watched an episode of 'CSI: New York.' Just awful in every respect, and that's a hugely successful franchise. Whoever this crap is aimed at it's not me.

I do watch documentaries, car restoration shows and of course 'Ancient Aliens'.

jbattman1016

I would have expected to see more Vulcan hand action instead of actual kissing in the latest episode.

I have to give every start trek show a pass for season one... I mean have you seen TNG season one... lol

BolusOfDoom

Yeah, I should give SNW more grace considering TNG season 1.

When I check the Star Trek channel on Pluto TV, I prejudge how good the TNG episode’s going to be by how tight the actors’ hairstyles are. Up-do or pulled back tight? Nah, too soon.

krabapple

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I rarely watch any TV that was made after about 1990. Fiction that is. Just no entertainment value at all - bad acting, terrible dialogue, and recycled plots where you can work out the twist ten minutes in. There's the odd exception like 'The Sopranos' of course.

Wow. o_O

How OLD is everyone here, anyway? (I'm 61 and have seen *plenty* of great TV made after 1990)

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow. o_O

How OLD is everyone here, anyway? (I'm 61 and have seen *plenty* of great TV made after 1990)

Plenty. Babylon 5 and The Expanse are two of the best sci-fi shows ever. I loved Hunters (though some of the hammed up Jewish stuff was sailing close to the wind), I think Bosch is great, really enjoyed the Looming Tower, until around the second half of the Peter Capaldi era I loved the revived Doctor Who (it says a lot for the quality of the writing that they wasted one of the best actors, one who loved Doctor Who and threw his heart into the role, of his era in Capaldi). I really enjoyed Merlin, Parks & Recreation (Ron Swanson is a legend) and one of my all time favourites is a Korean show called Crash Landing on You. Just a few off the top of my head.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I was really glad how the Battlestar Glactica reboot went. Much, much better than the cheesy original. Babylon 5 was a favorite of mine as well as many friends who like scifi. The Expanse was the best recent scifi TV. I am in the minority I suppose, but I liked Star Trek Enterprise better than any other than the original. SNW is pretty good so far still waiting to see where it will go. About to watch the latest episode here tonight.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I prefer the original, cheesy Battlestar Galactica. I did try with the re-boot, I thought it started well enough but went downhill quite fast.

Nostalgia probably has something to do with it.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I really enjoyed this weeks ST SNW episode.
Maybe the best one yet.

Any of the Sci-Fi guys here following Halo on Paramount +?
I just started recently and about half way thru the first season.
I find it a good one.
And thankfully so far mostly wokeless. ;)

jbattman1016

I really enjoyed this weeks ST SNW episode.
Maybe the best one yet.

Any of the Sci-Fi guys here following Halo on Paramount +?
I just started recently and about half way thru the first season.
I find it a good one.
And thankfully so far mostly wokeless. ;)
Exciting can't wait to watch.

Not watching anything else but star trek on P+, they should make a more affordable service that ONLY provides star trek on P+.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well the latest episode was pretty good I think. Didn't care for the trans character, but it wasn't directly mentioned. Story worked fine either way. Much better show than the Disney Star Wars stuff currently.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Well the latest episode was pretty good I think. Didn't care for the trans character, but it wasn't directly mentioned. Story worked fine either way. Much better show than the Disney Star Wars stuff currently.
I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I knew someday they'd have to build on the character of Capt Pike.
I like the somewhat serious attitude Anson is bringing to the role.
I haven't given up on Obi-Wan, not great but something better than most TV

Top Bottom