• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spirits, what you drinking...

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Coming to the end of my 3 bottles of this ..,

vodka_hak1.jpg

Exceptionally smooth.

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
I'm mostly off brown spirits these days, back in the day I was an Islay man and have tried nearly every one in an 18+ yr. version at some time (IIRC a 21yr. old Bunnahabhain was tops). But recently we opened this bottle we picked up at the duty free in Jamaica. Better than the price might indicate.

fullsize.jpeg

digititus

Churchill was quite fond of Armenian Cognac from this producer. It really isn't too shabby!
brandy_ara3.jpg

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Churchill was quite fond of Armenian Cognac from this producer. It really isn't too shabby!
brandy_ara3.jpg

We have a large Armenian community here, the brandies in all the goofy commemorative bottles are always fun to look at.

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
I've just started on my stash of "Death Wish Wheat Germ" Whisky that I made about 18 months ago. I am not a whisky fan, so this should last me awhile. View attachment 59794View attachment 59795

Somehow...that mix of industrial, utilitarian, and copper materials looks great... I've been debating on setting up a still to deal with a two kegs of beer I made that went sour. If you don't mind my asking, how did the spirits turn out?

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
A childhood friend had to cancel his 40th bash due to the covid lockdown. To cheer him up, and give us a little something unique to enjoy, I poured one shot each of 40 different scotches into a 64oz flask(made a bottle for myself as well) and dropped it off with a box of cigars. Ended up quite liking it, so I'm enjoying another glass this evening.
20200409_212504.jpg

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
I haven't tried that one. What's wrong with it? Reviews on The Whisky Exchange are mostly favourable though a few say they hated it.
It seemed to me like a rougher imitation of the 10yr old. I didn't have both on hand to do a comparison, let alone double blind, so it may all have been in my head, but the initial disappointment stuck.

fitero

Somehow...that mix of industrial, utilitarian, and copper materials looks great... I've been debating on setting up a still to deal with a two kegs of beer I made that went sour. If you don't mind my asking, how did the spirits turn out?
Thanks. The DWWG recipe is one of the "tried and trued" recipes that I have used over the years and always turns out very nice. I have charred, French Oak sticks in both of the jugs. Others use American Oak.

With my Portuguese pot still I've made Rum, Brandy, Bourbon, but mostly Aguardiente de Orujo (Grappa) over the years. It has been a rewarding hobby.

I've read about those who have distilled spent beer. The results are mixed. If you are interested, this is one of several forums where you can find reliable guidance:
https://homedistiller.org/forum/index.php?sid=93dc1f72bc0b26d8da2a776db870ba25

Top Bottom