• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL PO100

sebackman

Hi all,

Can any of these units do AC3/DTS passthrough? If not, any idea of a USB to SPDIF converter that can?

JasonC331

Forum Donor
Hi all,

Can any of these units do AC3/DTS passthrough? If not, any idea of a USB to SPDIF converter that can?
No, But he did test an Amazon basics HDMI Extractor that when test output to coax was flawless. What are you trying to do?

sebackman

I wanted to get 7.1 or 5.1 digitally from the PC to my preamp. Either as discrete SPDIF channels or as muxed in a single SPDIF. I do have a Lindy HDMI extractor and will try that to start with.

DeepSpace57

Do you think PO100 can be used along with a Raspberry Pi that is just working as a streamer? That is; Roopie> Pi (USB output) > PO100 (input USB-C ) > Toslink > Dac

Joachim Herbert

Forum Donor
That's how I used it.

Dougey_Jones

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Anybody know if it can pass through PCM 5.1 or 7.1 over optical?

alexk8y

Got a PO100 Pro just to learn that it doesn’t allow volume control on Mac.

The original PO100 is no longer available. The Doukaudio U2 is sold for the same price as PO100 Pro and looks like a downgrade. Not that I need the extra features of PO100 Pro, but I don’t want to buy a micro-usb device in 2023 unless there are no other options.

Any other alternatives that have usb-c input and volume control?

Top Bottom