• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your bicycles!

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks! As I’m sure you know, Grant’s a character with a very specific point of view on bikes. You’re either all in on his approach, or not. I’ve owned a few of his bikes over the years and pretty much agree with his thinking, which is getting more antiquated as time goes on (lugged steel frames, friction shifting, rim brakes, square taper bottom brackets, threaded headsets, quill stems, flat pedals, ultra long chainstays, etc., etc.). Now that I think of it, I guess I’m getting more antiquated in my own thinking… ;)
LOL yes he has his views for sure. For a certain style of cyclist he can be a good guru, tho.

A friend of mine has an MB0 still....but he's too big to ride it these days safely I think :)

I think it's like all the guys who gush over 70s integrated amps....

Zensō

Major Contributor
LOL yes he has his views for sure. For a certain style of cyclist he can be a good guru, tho.

A friend of mine has an MB0 still....but he's too big to ride it these days safely I think :)

I think it's like all the guys who gush over 70s integrated amps....
My grown daughter has a mint condition RB-1 that I restored for her when she was a teenager. It’s a beautiful bike, though she prefers her new Velo Orange Pass Hunter which has more tire clearance and disc brakes.

I grew up wrenching on bikes like Rivendells, so for me there’s a comfort and familiarity that I don’t experience when riding and working on modern bikes. A lot of that is simply nostalgia I suppose.

wacomme

My TT and Road Bikes.
FB808C62-120C-428C-9E0E-1515458A60DB.JPG
IMG_2039.jpeg

Bleib

Major Contributor
IMG-20230209-054656.jpg

A new one

Moonhead

Relatively new gravel bike from a few weeks ago. It replaced an aluminum Specialized Diverge E5 Comp.

View attachment 268573
Realle Nice bike, How is the checkpoint next to the Diverge?
Trek are usually on the heavy side, for that reason I went with a
Stevens Aspin, which is a Road bike, not sure I dare try a Gravel bike.

Andysu

Major Contributor
got new claud butler road bike and mostly geared it out with lights , yellow jacket for night time , lights of course even pet carrier so i can take one cats out . Magic not keen on the pet carrier . Bear has been out i think six or seven times now . spring time when air warms up take one my cats out , like see if get Magic relaxed in the carrier . so maybe Bear

296036342_10159960394785149_2754645326745851005_n.jpg

so like , Travis and Sigrid that tour london . i be doing same again this spring again . i seen some people girls in car , " hey look its a cat on the bike " .

305578593_10160028334055149_5890741131749167597_n.jpg

Last edited:

Andysu

Major Contributor
nice cyclle along the 7 mile beach promenade me and Bear at the beach cafe bar last spring , went down few times have some sea food and chilled coke , Bear mostly remained clam

Sharpi31

Forum Donor
253649DB-6F49-4A7D-8B75-72ED6D16FA5E.jpeg

My day to day training bike, built using Black Friday and eBay parts (including £99 frame). I need to go larger on the disc rotors, when I have the right calliper adapters. It’s amazing how much faster this 29 hardtail with CC tyres rolls, compared to my enduro bikes. I like this one a lot.

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Corse??
My parents had a villa in the 90s at la Revellata (in the photo) Calvi, that is the route D81B near Nichjaretu !
Good old days.....
Wow congratulations for the glance. Yes, I was in Corsica on this trip, right in the northwest, before arriving in Calvi.
That road is one of my favorite parts of the whole island

jhenderson0107

Is that a thudbuster on the rear seatpost? And a carbon gates belt drive?

That is a really nice workhorse bike.
Thanks, it's a Cirrus Kinekt seatpost plus gates drive with rear internal gear hub. I put another 9 miles on the bike today including a gorgeous three-mile 9% grade through fruit groves and beautiful farms near my home (the steepest grade I've ever ridden). I was working my ass off even in Turbo mode. I crested, doubled back and it was a harrowing downhill - I aggressively worked the rear brakes but barely feathered the fronts for fear of crashing due to the loose gravel.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks, it's a Cirrus Kinekt seatpost plus gates drive with rear internal gear hub. I put another 9 miles on the bike today including a gorgeous three-mile 9% grade through fruit groves and beautiful farms near my home (the steepest grade I've ever ridden). I was working my ass off even in Turbo mode. I crested, doubled back and it was a harrowing downhill - I aggressively worked the rear brakes but barely feathered the fronts for fear of crashing due to the loose gravel.
Is that the automatic IGH? What gear range (Ratio) are they fitting to that bike?

Sharpi31

Forum Donor
Braking is a fine art, no doubt. It’s good to practice using more front brake, as that provides most stopping power, and it’s a good skill to have in emergencies. Front brake is safest when you’re travelling in a straight line and have your body weight evenly balanced over the bike - you definitely need to be careful using front brake while cornering, or riding over icy/slippy ground (any situation where there is a lateral load, your weight is off centre, or there is so little grip that the front wheel can slip out sideways). But it is important to learn how to use the front brake as much as possible, while avoiding dangerous situations. Apologies if you know all this already!

Top Bottom